Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 04:18 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So, you are asking for new regulations and laws, mandating inter state and world travel, to limit them, so that, when this silliness is over, they will stay?
As surely, no one will cancel THEM.

Does anyone have any idea, how MUCH is covered up and written off and done, under COVID pretext?
well in my opinion, I think its all about common sense....stay home from church and all public gatherings...that is the best way to contain it....

What I was suggesting and asking for opinions on, when the U.S. saw how bad the outbreak was in Italy and China, they should have immediately stopped flights in and out of those countries....just to be on the safe side....It's common sense, don't you think?

In my opinion, you isolate it, from the beginning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 05:46 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,082,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well in my opinion, I think its all about common sense....stay home from church and all public gatherings...that is the best way to contain it....

What I was suggesting and asking for opinions on, when the U.S. saw how bad the outbreak was in Italy and China, they should have immediately stopped flights in and out of those countries....just to be on the safe side....It's common sense, don't you think?

We are in the same situation as Italy, the case numbers aren’t apparent yet because the community outbreaks have a delay of 1-2 weeks. Testing in the U.S. has only just started. I’m sure we’re going to see dramatic increases in the numbers of isolated cases, and these will be followed by localized community outbreaks. That is when the mass quarantines will have to start to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Do contact the CDC.

They did start screening people arriving from China early on.

I prefer "evidence based" to "common sense".

Old 03-11-2020, 07:35 PM

Another cancellation from the OP's state:
https://www.dailycamera.com/2020/03/...DplKFEpwOKQ8Ug
"Frozen Dead Guys Days", Nederland, CO

Old 03-11-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
We had one Sunday. We went to a gymnastics meet. However, our governor just declared a "State of Emergency" this morning, so I'd think twice about that aspect, maybe just do a family pizza party or something, watch the meet on TV.
https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/10/color...-announcement/
It looks like we went to the last meet for a while.
https://www-denverpost-com.cdn.amppr...coronavirus%2F
"DU hockey, gymnastics regionals to be held without fans in attendance due to coronavirus"

Old 03-12-2020, 12:06 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,706,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
...Another myth is that people in 1918 were ignorant. In fact, medicine had come to understand the role that bacteria played in causing illness. As a result, hygienic practices had been developed in and out of hospitals. Effective vaccines existed to prevent diptheria and much of the pneumonia that was present. It was understood that simple practices like having soldiers positioned next to each other with one soldier's head positioned on a cot next to another soldiers's feet (rather than his head) prevented much illness among those in the military. In 1880, it was a different situation. However, by 1918 medicine had made considerable strides.
We forget now, how staggeringly many advances occurred from 1880 to 1920 - and really, how few have been the advances from 1980 to 2020. The world of 1880 had almost no electricity. It used candle-light (or maybe gas), horse-drawn carriages, and in most cases the ships still had sails. In 1920, electric light was common, internal-combustion automobiles were common, and steam-turbine ships plied the oceans.

The people of 2120 might reminisce about how 200 years before them, progress was so rapid, while 100 years before them, was an age of stasis and miasma.

Returning to our topic... the idea of quarantine is 700 years old. The most effective tool for fighting the virus dates back from the middle ages!

Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,036 times
If they had made every person in the world wear masks & possibly gloves from day 1 the virus would have been wiped out in a few days. It was so simple but they are so stupid. Now we have people walking through crowds breathing the virus onto thousands of people. One $2 mask would save all those lives. At least this has all proved that there is no intelligent life on earth

Old 03-12-2020, 06:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
If they had made every person in the world wear masks & possibly gloves from day 1 the virus would have been wiped out in a few days. It was so simple but they are so stupid. Now we have people walking through crowds breathing the virus onto thousands of people. One $2 mask would save all those lives. At least this has all proved that there is no intelligent life on earth
There would not be anywhere near enough masks to even suggest the whole world wear one. Common sense is number one in my opinion.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,648,438 times
Baa! I wish I felt better about the sheepherders. Here’s a silly thought. Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, #45, they can’t eat us but could control the population with a specialized virus that takes out the old. The tree big sheepherders would have a much easier time without folks over 60 hanging around mucking up the new world order plans.
New thought, new thought. IMHO, Do what doctors and nurses do. Wash your hands a lot and don’t touch your mouth, nose or eyes. And buy disposable vinyl gloves not toilet paper or masks. Masks are good but only contain 60% of a cough/sneeze.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:04 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
"The Atlantic" is hardly a scientific source. In fact, of all these mass-media pseudo-intellectual mags, they're one of the worst when it comes to actual facts.
It’s not meant to be a scientific article, it’s much more about history. I found it it be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness