Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 02:29 PM

177 posts, read 130,535 times

Advertisements

As we all know, everyone has been advised on precautions with hygiene measures including handwashing and not touching your face during this virus outbreak. As such, I have concerns regarding a co-worker's habits that to me are not very sanitary in this regard.

She keeps a jar of Vaseline on her desk and every few minutes using her fingers puts the Vaseline on her lips and then wipes off her fingers with a paper towel. This occurs frequently throughout the day. In our position we have to touch shared folders and papers and files, etc. I am concerned that this touching of her lips and then to the papers is not very sanitary when we are trying to avoid spreading germs and/or viruses.

Should I mention this to my supervisor or just cringe every time I see her do it? (Please, no snarky remarks, I am being serious in a health-conscious manner).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 02:43 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
RELAX!!! People have been using things like this for many, many years!! If your co-worker is exhibiting symptoms, maybe be concerned but you can report someone just because they put vaseline on their lips!!!

Old 03-13-2020, 03:19 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,583,293 times
Coronavirus is highly contagious - much more contagious than regular flu. And the coronavirus is a NEW contagion and new strain of virus in the world - it has NOT been around until now.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:29 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
I would definitely mention it to the supervisor, and hopefully the supervisor will give all co-workers relevant information about in-office hygiene procedures to be followed in addition to washing hands, and hand sanitizers, etc., such as not touching your face and lips in the office. Then when you see her do it again, you can innocently point out to her that she's not following office hygiene protocol.

If she doesn't stop, steal her jar of Vaseline and encase it in a bowl of jello in her desk drawer.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:30 PM

177 posts, read 130,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I would definitely mention it to the supervisor, and hopefully the supervisor will give all co-workers relevant information about in-office hygiene procedures to be followed in addition to washing hands, and hand sanitizers, etc., such as not touching your face and lips in the office. Then when you see her do it again, you can innocently point out to her that she's not following office hygiene protocol.

If she doesn't stop, steal her jar of Vaseline and encase it in a bowl of jello in her desk drawer.
LMAO! Great answer!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness