Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 11:35 AM

208 posts, read 100,010 times

Advertisements

I'm getting close to 40 and I still love a good buzz. But now I feel the negative effects of alcohol after 2 drinks and it sucks! If I have two drinks I won't be super hung over, but I can tell in the morning. Like there will just be some pressure in my head. Can anyone relate?

I also want to note that I significantly cut back on alcohol intake the past few years. I used to drink way too much every night but wasn't really aware it was a problem. A lot of little health issues disappeared after I cut back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 11:47 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,558,693 times
Yeah.. I stopped drinking because as I'm aging I noticed the alcohol would affect my mood for several days after..
I would stay irritable for 3 or 4 days, even after a night of moderate drinking. There have probably been some beneficial effects for my health also, but.. not drinking (at all) does suck. Maybe I'll have a couple beers this Thanksgiving or Christmas, see if it's become easier after a stretch of being dry.. good luck, peace.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:40 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Don`t know where you live but.....have you tried pot? It is legal now, in some states.

Old 08-28-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Don`t know where you live but.....have you tried pot? It is legal now, in some states.
Acutally yes. I've started using pot. I feel like I need some type of a buzz every night. Its hard for me not to. I guess I'm a buzz attic.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:31 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
I quit drinking 3 weeks ago and feel so much better. It probably has to do with age. If I go out I drink a alcohol free beer or sparkling flavored water.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
I'm getting close to 40 and I still love a good buzz. But now I feel the negative effects of alcohol after 2 drinks and it sucks! If I have two drinks I won't be super hung over, but I can tell in the morning. Like there will just be some pressure in my head. Can anyone relate?

I also want to note that I significantly cut back on alcohol intake the past few years. I used to drink way too much every night but wasn't really aware it was a problem. A lot of little health issues disappeared after I cut back.
this is a good thing, not a bad I would think. The fact you cut back is great, the fact that, after 2 drinks you feel a bit yucky isn't bad, it simply means you should keep it down to 2 or less drinks. Of course if you are talking wine, maybe it is the brand or type you are drinking. Sulfites (spelling) can cause problems for many.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I doubt that is what op is talking about and remember it is still only legal is some states and if you cross the state line with pot and the state you are entering is a non legal pot state you could get into a lot of trouble. I have a friend who's son just got busted for that.

OK, forget this post: I see the OP has tried pot as well. My advise is: OP may want to talk to a doctor or some other professional about his/her problem and yes, it does appear to be a problem.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt that is what op is talking about and remember it is still only legal is some states and if you cross the state line with pot and the state you are entering is a non legal pot state you could get into a lot of trouble. I have a friend who's son just got busted for that.

OK, forget this post: I see the OP has tried pot as well. My advise is: OP may want to talk to a doctor or some other professional about his/her problem and yes, it does appear to be a problem.
You can get edibles in a candy bag or vapes also if you’re worried about transportation. Or just don’t speed and keep it in your trunk. Weed has been decriminalized in most states even if it’s not legal. I have a local dealer.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:15 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Great post.

I quit drinking alcohol 3 years ago. Best health decision I ever made.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
You can get edibles in a candy bag or vapes also if you’re worried about transportation. Or just don’t speed and keep it in your trunk. Weed has been decriminalized in most states even if it’s not legal. I have a local dealer.
You would be surprised how many states have not changed the laws. My friend who's son was busted was coming from a concert in Colo heading back to Wi and where along the way he got busted I don't know. In AR it is only legal for med reasons and even then it is hard to find a doctor that will recommend it, not to mention the price is pretty high. That being said, we do have several pot stores and they seem to be doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness