Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 03:12 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Once inside the body, Covid-19 can stimulate the body to create more ACE2 receptor cell. It then can infect these cells in the heart, lungs, or other organs. If you want to read on the topic of Covid and the heart, the latest news often comes from the NCAA where they're finding a large percentage of young athletes come down with changes to the heart (78%) or viral myocarditis (35%) if they've been infected. The virus can stay in the body even after it appears you're no longer sick and continue to damage organs.

The league slapped the doctor for making the results of the study public.

link

There's intense political pressure on the Big 10 to reverse its decision to postpone the football season.

Notice the medical article purporting to refute the prevalence of myocarditis is referring to the presence of enzymes when the heart muscle is damaged after exercise despite the fact that the earlier study used MRI scans to detect heart scarring from myocarditis in COVID-positive athletes.
That study's conclusions were based on Oxygen consumption during exercise: Now really, wouldn't you expect it would be harder to breathe during exercise with bronchitis than without?..Then they make the illogical conclusion that the difference "must" have been due to cardiomyopathy and not just the obviously mismatched V/Q...How does this crap get published?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 05:20 AM

14 posts, read 3,801 times
no.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:14 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Thanks to all who shared their real life experiences.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:58 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,102,322 times
Recent article on heart issues related to CoVid. It recommends people who have recovered, even mild cases, to get screened.

The bradykinn theory for CoVid explains many of the symptoms people are seeing, very informative.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
That study's conclusions were based on Oxygen consumption during exercise: Now really, wouldn't you expect it would be harder to breathe during exercise with bronchitis than without?..Then they make the illogical conclusion that the difference "must" have been due to cardiomyopathy and not just the obviously mismatched V/Q...How does this crap get published?
They tried to refute the analysis by stating the rise in triponin is common after rigorous exercise, but myocarditis and heart scarring is diagnosed using MRI which is what the first study did. There are some other small studies that show heart inflammation is extremely common (80%) among Covid patients.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:08 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,202,413 times
The only thing that is known with certainty is that people with compromised cardiopulmonary function are at risk of developing respiratory distress from COVID.

Old folks, even totally "healthy" ones often have a reduced reserve - meaning that although they are unaware of it, their heart & lungs are less capable of sustaining an assault without severe complications. Coronavirus causes an infiltrate in the lungs (different from pneumonia, and not generally treatable) that can "tip them over the balance" and cause pulmonary failure, so bad, their heart cannot compensate for the reduced 02/C02 exchange (manifested as pulmonary failure).

Old 09-05-2020, 05:15 PM

And we just bumped into another one of our acquaintance - same situation. Out of nowhere, arrhythmia.

Though, I am rather suspicious of something else. I believe, Americans are very lip tight on problems in their lives, health related included. I am suspicious, it is culturally unacceptable to talk about it. You know, how everyone is doing "great" and "fantastic". And, in our culture, we talk about that, salaries, etc. Thus, you may not even know such thing is going around.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Recent article on heart issues related to CoVid. It recommends people who have recovered, even mild cases, to get screened.

The bradykinn theory for CoVid explains many of the symptoms people are seeing, very informative.

Read it. In my case, I am very exercised male. And, I have no doubt I'd test positive, but had maybe just slight symptoms, if any. My heart and BP were always exemplary. Suddenly, spring time, boom, shaka laka...
See, thing is, people normally have slow deterioration of heart. it shows that it's headed south. And I keep exercising and bench 200 lb at 65. So something is not right with all this heart stuff...

Old 09-06-2020, 05:43 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
I developed bi gem/PVCs 2 weeks after a very bad cold/flu. This was early March so no real possibility of it being COVID but I wonder if the cold maybe triggered it. I have had bad colds and the flu in the past but nothing ever came of them. Who knows.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Try the reverse, bad heart makes them vulnerable to covid being a death-sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness