Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 01:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,966,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Stop reading these threads if you don't like them.

Stop trying to control others by insisting masks don't work and it's all a scam.

Fewer deaths? No differences? Show proof, including proof that people were following the mask ban.
Lee and Collier county numbers aren't enough?

Where did I ever say, "Everyone should NOT WEAR YOUR D--- MASK!!!!!"

Um, I haven't. I also haven't posted 100 different threads on the exact. same. subject.

Get over it already. In POC they have 1 thread for all mask/no mask arguments. Maybe there should be 1 thread so the OP can continuing yelling into the wind about masks.

If you want to wear one go right ahead. Stop yelling at other people that they ALSO have to wear them. Eyes on your paper, stay in your lane and MYOB.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:16 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,831,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Instead of remaining ignorant, why don't YOU do research, pro/con about mask wearing? Or do you only look at research that supports what you believe -- you decide you believe something, then just look at everything that supports that position? Social feedback loop technique is a guaranteed fail for a basic debate high school debate class.
Excuse me but I believe in the science and the doctors who are experts in their fields that say wearing a mask is important for not spreading the virus. Now you can adjust your tin foil hat and dig up whatever junk science article that agrees with your opinion, that is your right. Just dont try and sell it to people who actually can tell the difference between facts and fiction.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:04 PM

3,065 posts, read 2,049,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, wearing a mask or so we are told does nothing to protect us, it protects other who you come in contact with. That is the reason most of us do wear masks, so don't think the president became ill by not wearing a mask. He may have caused others to be exposed.

I am a supporter of the president, and I am praying for him and his family, but don't think the mask wearing has much to do with his lack of masks.
I agree that the mask wearer protects others. However no scientist has said mask-wearing does nothing to protect the mask wearer. They have said it's best when everyone wears masks.

I agree the president likely caused others to be exposed by not wearing a mask but he got it somewhere, right? And photos show he has been around a LOT of no-mask people including his staff, family and at rallies.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Excuse me but I believe in the science and the doctors who are experts in their fields that say wearing a mask is important for not spreading the virus. Now you can adjust your tin foil hat and dig up whatever junk science article that agrees with your opinion, that is your right. Just dont try and sell it to people who actually can tell the difference between facts and fiction.
Define spreading the virus (objectively with quantitative numbers)

Define junk science.

Define tin foil hat.

Define fact.

Define fiction.

That way I know what you mean and I can respond.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:30 PM

17,613 posts, read 13,401,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'll pass, they aren't necessary.

It's nice to know that someone doesn't respect others enough to, at least, wear a mask

Old 10-03-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It's nice to know that someone doesn't respect others enough to, at least, wear a mask
It's not necessary. Fact.

It has nothing to do with respect. Are you insulting me? Yep. You are.

Why don't you stop insulting posters (also in the other thread where you called people Idiots !!!) and just accept the fact that other people have their own opinions?

I accept that you have your opinion. Just not sure why you have to create 100 threads about it over and over again, and INSULT other people who don't share your opinion.

Want to wear your mask? AWESOME FOR YOU!!!! Send me your address and I'll mail you a box of them.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:53 PM

1,441 posts, read 672,901 times
I wear one but am not at all confident that they help much.
We have had a mandate here for 3 months and cases are exploding.
Everyone I know that has had covid wore a mask in public but not at home. And that's where they got it, at home.
Maybe mask might slow down the spread a little. I don't even know if that is a good idea. I'm kind of a rip the band-aid off type person .

Old 10-03-2020, 03:01 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,593,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, wearing a mask or so we are told does nothing to protect us, it protects other who you come in contact with. That is the reason most of us do wear masks, so don't think the president became ill by not wearing a mask. He may have caused others to be exposed.

I am a supporter of the president, and I am praying for him and his family, but don't think the mask wearing has much to do with his lack of masks.
Notice that the people who were infected were at the front of the gathering. The speakers are emitting particles into the air and infecting the attendees. The aerosol particles and hence the viral load disperses the farther out you go. There should have been either mask wearing or plexiglass partition at the podium to protect the participants in the announcement. In general, all people should've worn masks because the WH testing doesn't catch infections unless they're symptomatic. Notice Trump tested positive at the same time he was showing symptoms.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Notice that the people who were infected were at the front of the gathering. The speakers are emitting particles into the air and infecting the attendees. The aerosol particles and hence the viral load disperses the farther out you go. There should have been either mask wearing or plexiglass partition at the podium to protect the participants in the announcement. In general, all people should've worn masks because the WH testing doesn't catch infections unless they're symptomatic. Notice Trump tested positive at the same time he was showing symptoms.
Where are all the cases from all the rioting? Mass protests?

Nada.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:12 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,207,589 times
You know, I am reading that the WH was lax in its protective measures. I don’t think this is totally about masking up. But, honestly, they have not worn masks, and now POTUS and FLOTUS are both ill. It is as if they ignored the dangers, having events, flying around the country, not requiring masks around them—and they have gotten ill.

It isn’t just the lack of masks, apparently, but not requiring them signals a non accepting of responsibility toward the safety of others and oneself. Trump has publicly said that he “accepts no responsibility.” And so, you have himself, his wife, his close associates and other associates now infected because he accepted no responsibility for his or anyone else’s safety.

Being president of the United States is by definition, a job with much responsibility. To me, DJT is a shirker. And he is now reaping the consequences for being that. And others who allied themselves with him, are doing the same. There are likely other infections to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness