Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 07:17 PM

98 posts, read 95,475 times

Advertisements

Seriously, when in the hell are we gonna stop worrying about this stupid virus and start moving forward with our lives again!? I am getting completely fed up with this!! I want things to go back to the way they are so I can proceed with my future!

Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 PM

9,541 posts, read 16,550,792 times
I have to say I feel the same way. I realize and agree we have had a serious virus to contend with worldwide, but I'm questioning some of the behaviour that has come out of this. I'm questioning the level of destruction to peoples jobs and way of life. I'm questioning how it was allowed to become Political in the USA. It's as if it will never end, and what I find the most difficult to grasp, is that most people do not get all that sick from this. Not saying that the virus doesn't attack some and cause deaths. I understand that and know it does. It's just the way it has been pushed on us, its as if its an immediate death sentence.

I don't feel we had to go to the lengths we did, when the lengths meant destruction of so many businesses and jobs. I completely do not agree with the way this virus was dealth with.

What I always felt from the start is another approach. Everything in the USA should have completely shut down for 2 full weeks and kept this virus at bay. If anything were open it would have been hospitals and emergency services and grocery stores. Otherwise people would have to remain in their homes, as was done overseas. Masks would have been required and not an option for those 2 weeks. What we did was a patchwork of rules and recommendations that varied from city to city state to state. You know the usual way Americans deal with things. They don't.

We will be in Dec in 3 weeks and we are told the virus has been getting worse the last few weeks. So when the hell does this end and will it ever. It seems like some sort of control has been put on all of us. Our life's have been turned into a nonstop stress mess that never ends. It is nonstop doom and gloom the moment you turn on the TV. It didn't just start with the Virus, it seems to have started way back with 9/11 and it never ends. I honestly wonder some days is it some sort of control put on us by the Gov't and media for whatever reason. Who knows but like you I am completely sick of all this. You can bet when this Vaccine comes out, there will be some other serious problem pushed on us almost immediately.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:41 PM

17,555 posts, read 39,200,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I have to say I feel the same way. I realize and agree we have had a serious virus to contend with worldwide, but I'm questioning some of the behaviour that has come out of this. I'm questioning the level of destruction to peoples jobs and way of life. I'm questioning how it was allowed to become Political in the USA. It's as if it will never end, and what I find the most difficult to grasp, is that most people do not get all that sick from this. Not saying that the virus doesn't attack some and cause deaths. I understand that and know it does. It's just the way it has been pushed on us, its as if its an immediate death sentence.

I don't feel we had to go to the lengths we did, when the lengths meant destruction of so many businesses and jobs. I completely do not agree with the way this virus was dealth with.

What I always felt from the start is another approach. Everything in the USA should have completely shut down for 2 full weeks and kept this virus at bay. If anything were open it would have been hospitals and emergency services and grocery stores. Otherwise people would have to remain in their homes, as was done overseas. Masks would have been required and not an option for those 2 weeks. What we did was a patchwork of rules and recommendations that varied from city to city state to state. You know the usual way Americans deal with things. They don't.

We will be in Dec in 3 weeks and we are told the virus has been getting worse the last few weeks. So when the hell does this end and will it ever. It seems like some sort of control has been put on all of us. Our life's have been turned into a nonstop stress mess that never ends. It is nonstop doom and gloom the moment you turn on the TV. It didn't just start with the Virus, it seems to have started way back with 9/11 and it never ends. I honestly wonder some days is it some sort of control put on us by the Gov't and media for whatever reason. Who knows but like you I am completely sick of all this. You can bet when this Vaccine comes out, there will be some other serious problem pushed on us almost immediately.
Yes, lots of folks out there are realizing this is all about control. This virus is and never was that dangerous to the majority. I am thankful to be living in Florida which is almost completely open and businesses opened back up and people working. Even some of our events are happening again. I just hope no one tries to shut us down again, there are already a lot of people ready to go to war over it.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,216,070 times
The virus infection rate is going up in our county. It is not going down. Many people have not cooperated regarding distancing or masking. Those hospitalized with the virus have in increased. You want normalcy? Become serious about following guidelines to decrease transmission, and you will get there faster.

No one likes this situation. I don’t for sure. I’d like to live a few more years, thank you very much. But I do not enjoy the interruption of my normal life, either. I do not get to see my family often, and it bugs me.

But you and I are literally in this together, as is every other human being. What we don’t need is overstressed hospitals with overstressed medical people having to decide who to try and save, and who to let go.

If a vaccine pans out early next year, perhaps we’ll be almost back to normal by summer. I’d like that.

You are not the only person who wants normalcy. But we can’t have normalcy if people are getting seriously sick all over, all at once. What you and I want cannot happen now.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:34 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,067,633 times
It was always predicted there would be another spike in the fall/winter.

Utah’s governor just instituted more restrictions.

This is not just a United States thing. Cases are spiking and restrictions reimplemented in Europe too.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:54 AM

7,297 posts, read 5,177,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The virus infection rate is going up in our county.
FALSE....The election is over. We don't need to perpetuate The Lie anymore for political gain.

Once again: the definition of an epidemic is a period of INCREASING rate of the disease. After the peak, the rate then falls back to its baseline, ENDEMIC level...

....Like the common cold, flu, TB or Bubonic Plague etc, there's always some around in the population at a STABLE rate of new infections.

...We've been at that point for six months now. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html New infection rate ~5-7% since May.

As I've said here repeatedly-- only the over 55-65 crowd need worry about contacting this virus. The sooner we have wide-spread infections in the younger age groups, the sooner we old fogeys will be at less risk of picking it up.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:54 AM

5,412 posts, read 3,615,108 times
dont expect post covid life to be normal, nothing will ever be the same as it was in 2019 pre covid.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:03 AM

30,483 posts, read 21,355,737 times
Never again as even worse bugs are coming.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:59 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,049,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
Seriously, when in the hell are we gonna stop worrying about this stupid virus and start moving forward with our lives again!? I am getting completely fed up with this!! I want things to go back to the way they are so I can proceed with my future!
Since Biden has said he will do something different from Trump regarding Covid, we will most likely go into a full nationwide lockdown.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:07 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,245,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
FALSE....The election is over. We don't need to perpetuate The Lie anymore for political gain.

Once again: the definition of an epidemic is a period of INCREASING rate of the disease. After the peak, the rate then falls back to its baseline, ENDEMIC level...

1000 words:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness