Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 04:06 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times

Advertisements

Mold.
Mattress.
Pillow(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 04:10 PM

648 posts, read 431,960 times
Your place have a gas furnace? Carbon Monoxide? At low levels, CO poisoning can be very subtle. All we hear about in the local news is fatal CO events.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:47 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What I find interesting is that you were doing so well in the bosom of your boyfriend's family. Then when you returned, the pain started again right away. I assume you live alone?

Maybe it's not mold or other environmental factors. Maybe it's psychological. This horrid year has done a number on everyone. It's bound to affect different people differently.
OP also said her boyfriend's family served junk food,while she usually eat healthy,so it could be her food?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:19 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
It's the weights.

Weight lifting will tear joints up unless you've had formal training on how it's done correctly. Probably goes double for girls. Knees are the most common location for damage in weight lifting done by amateurs.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 12-29-2020 at 10:40 PM..

Old 12-30-2020, 12:12 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
The standard American diet is prone to joint damage, and many other things. Try reading Wheat Belly by William Davis MD Cardiologist, if you haven’t. What makes me say this is that you ate what you called badly, but it had a lot more fat. We need fat to keep our joints in good repair. As well as our veins and heat part. Low carb, high fat is turning out to be fix for what ails you. Read up and try altering your diet again. I had to have a total knee replacement but since I changed my diet the pain all but disappeared. I put it of for several years before I finally had it done. High carbs and low fat can lead to arthritis and damage. Give it a try.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Mold.
Mattress.
Pillow(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
It's the weights.

Weight lifting will tear joints up unless you've had formal training on how it's done correctly. Probably goes double for girls. Knees are the most common location for damage in weight lifting done by amateurs.
Sounds like you have arthritis and some screwed up joints. Diet can only go so far. It won’t hurt to rule out mold.

Your mattress is probably making you sleep in positions that aggravate your joint problems. The air mattress will be a good experiment. I had decent results from a good brand of glucosamine and chondroitin with MSM for pain.

Old 01-05-2021, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 868 times
I have sensitivities to various scents, chemicals etc. I have found the herb Schizandra very helpful!!
I like using the tincture (drops). Several people who I know who have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) and also seasonal allergies, have found Schizandra helps them a Lot! (I've also seen it spelled with an "s" instead of the "z".

So sorry for what you're going through. I just wondered if this could help with the symptoms while you are trying to figure out what's causing them.

Sincerely, Kath

Old 01-05-2021, 05:49 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,992,488 times
bell235, I'm sorry, I wish I knew! There was a time I was thinking that maybe my apt or something in it was making me feel dizzy. I had thought about mold too. I still don't know to this day, but I've had MRIs, ENT ear tests, evem been ruled out for MS (multiple sclerosis), & still no answers. I hope you find answers ASAP.

Did you by any chance see this thread? Perhaps something someone in there says still give you more ideas:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/alle...-into-new.html

Old 01-06-2021, 12:56 PM

23,868 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
bell235, I'm sorry, I wish I knew! There was a time I was thinking that maybe my apt or something in it was making me feel dizzy. I had thought about mold too. I still don't know to this day, but I've had MRIs, ENT ear tests, evem been ruled out for MS (multiple sclerosis), & still no answers. I hope you find answers ASAP.

Did you by any chance see this thread? Perhaps something someone in there says still give you more ideas:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/alle...-into-new.html
See this google for Chiari Malformation headaches. It's a specific headache. I know you had MRI's but radiologist may not have included it because they think it's a rare illness when it's not. It's a brain herniation into the C-spine

Old 01-06-2021, 03:20 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,992,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
See this google for Chiari Malformation headaches. It's a specific headache. I know you had MRI's but radiologist may not have included it because they think it's a rare illness when it's not. It's a brain herniation into the C-spine

Hmm, never heard of this. I'll read about it. I do feel dizziness though & not a headache. But, thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness