Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 01:44 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

Don't discount stress or even psychosomatic causes. The body can produce pain as an automation reaction to stimuli. Maybe you were more relaxed on vacation...maybe you are working out too much or not getting enough quality sleep. Analyze all the inputs in your life....

Especially now that you have the thought in your head that you get pain when such and such happens...your body can manifest it..I've had it happen. Overstimulated sympathetic nervous system can produce all sorts of symptoms...too much exercise, work, screen time, stimulation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 06:09 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Hmm, never heard of this. I'll read about it. I do feel dizziness though & not a headache. But, thank you!

My daughter gets dizzy too. I know you said you were dizzy, I was going to reply about it but got side tracked I guess which isn't hard with my 7 year old grandson here again lol I had typed out google Chiari Malformation (CM) to make a note of what I wanted to say but I forgot to add dizzy.

Chiari Malformation dizziness.

I'm posting an article below and will copy everything that mentions dizzy in it. See if it applies.

With a CM herniation, some radiologists won't write it because it's "rare" before all of the current day imaging, could be your herniation isn't large enough for them to include it but it is there at say a 4 where they'd only include it if it was 5 or up. Lots of people get missed due to how they used to do that. Been years since I've been to the CM FB group. My daughter is an adult, she can look at her own or my grandsons CD to measure the herniation.

In the group Beyond the Measurement, they will tell you which MRI slice to post and look at it to see what they see. You may not have CM, you may have something else like my daughter where she has a "bobble head" that's just like the dolls of the 70's where your head isn't sitting on the brain stem correctly.

I had found this FB group in 2011 because I was helping someone that posted on my parenting FB page that needed a friend and help for her 3 year old daughter that had CM. I have back issues, so experience with that plus medical experience with cancer, so I went there and learned about it to support her and found the symptoms applied to my daughter plus some back issues applied to me. It was a sign that I was meant to help her so that I could help my daughter. I'd been taking her to doctors for years who said there's no way she could have all of the symptoms she had at such a young age. She was like 14 or 15. Puberty seems to make the illness wake up. Symptoms will start and keep going. With some, it doesn't happen until their 20's or 30's. My back didn't go out until I was 32, then it was done supporting my thin body weight.

Chiari Malformation on the website Dizziness-and-balance.com

Quote:
Often when a person presents to the office with an undiagnosed Chiari, they have dizziness and headaches. This symptom complex triggers off a set of tests for inner ear conditions. During the clinical examination or perhaps on the ENG test, downbeating nystagmus is noticed at some point, and an MRI is obtained (see above). The MRI establishes the diagnosis.

Note that having an MRI that shows a Chiari, does not necessarily mean that the person is sick. In fact, most of the time, Chiari malformations are asymptomatic. Someone with a Chiari need not assume that neurosurgery is in their future. An abnormal MRI is not an indication for surgery - -surgery is done for illness, not for MRI findings.

Symptoms suggestive of Chiari include posterior headaches, dizziness and ataxia (especially associated with straining), fainting with a cough, and weakness or numbness. A recent review of the otologic manifestations of Chiari in 16 patients indicated that 81% reported episodic aural fullness, 81% tinnitus, 69% vertigo, and 56% flutuating hearing. Headache was also common (about 80%).

Some patients with Chiari develop symptoms (dizziness mainly) on straining. This pressure sensitivity symptom is also shared by persons with superior canal dehiscence (SCD). Oddly, a recent report suggests that the Chiari Malformation is far more common in SCD (Kuhn and Clenney, 2010) than the normal population. We think that this report is likely due to sampling bias (i.e. this isn't generally true). Nevertheless, we think it it is prudent to look for Chiari in SCD with an MRI.

Chiari surgery is nearly always best avoided in persons who have no neurological signs referable to the posterior fossa. In other words, don't operate for symptoms of headache or dizziness -- only operate for progressive physical signs that are unequivocally due to the Chiari.

There is no medication that treats the underlying cause of the Chiari malformation (brain displacement downward). There are some medications for neck pain, headache and dizziness that may help with the symptoms.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-07-2021 at 06:22 AM..

Old 01-08-2021, 06:07 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Roselvr, thanks a lot for taking the time to post this! I tried to rep you, but it wouldn't let me. I'll read this through soon. Anything else you OR anyone else wants to add, go ahead & post it in my thread below, since this one's about an issue of the OP's.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ziness-dr.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness