Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 07:18 AM

10,372 posts, read 10,751,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Umm, no, not really. I wear one where it makes logical sense to but I have no intention of making it permanent.
Nobody mentioned wearing a mask permanently. The problem is too many people have not taken the virus seriously, and the result is this pandemic continues to drag out and kill hundreds of thousands of people in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 07:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,385,392 times
I will wear one mask but sorry - I'm not wearing two.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:30 AM

6,164 posts, read 3,878,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I know when I had Covid the chills were probably what was hardest for me. I didn't really feel like I had much of a fever but I did. The doctor confirmed I was running a low grade one. Chills and fever go together. I would wake up in a cold sweat, and be shaking from the chills. The doctor said my body wasn't able to regulate its temperature due to the Covid. I had a terrible headache and completely exhausted. Just wanting to stay in bed to try and stay warm. I went on for about 3 weeks with this problem, even as the other symptoms started fading away. One problem I had that I hope you don't develop is a terrible itchy rash all over my torso. All I know is eventually the majority of us get better. I still feel somewhat foggy at times but everything else has subsided. The taste and smell problem ended as fast as it began.

Covid does seem to raise the pulse and blood pressure for a number of people. So your 91 which is abit high when a person is at rest,is most likely due to your illness. The taste and smell symptom is one of the leading indicators of Covid. So I would say there is probably a high chance you have Covid. I tested negative when I was very sick and then tested positive as the symptoms started to ease up. That swab test isn't always completely accurate as far as I'm concerned.

Best of Luck to you. I hope you don't have Covid and its just a cold. Since you are feeling better you are probably coming to the end of your ordeal with being sick.
The "91" reading is not the beats per minute of the heart. It's the percent saturation of oxygen in the bloodstream. A reading of 91% is LOW and should be at least 95% at rest and perhaps 97% or 98% after several deep breaths.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:43 AM

9,975 posts, read 7,875,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
The "91" reading is not the beats per minute of the heart. It's the percent saturation of oxygen in the bloodstream. A reading of 91% is LOW and should be at least 95% at rest and perhaps 97% or 98% after several deep breaths.
Yes, this is what it measures. I just got it up to 94 after several deep breaths, which were difficult.

I'm feeling a bit better. And my test was negative. I don't know, I feel weird about it being negative. I almost wish it was positive so I would've been done with it.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:13 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,676,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Nobody mentioned wearing a mask permanently. The problem is too many people have not taken the virus seriously, and the result is this pandemic continues to drag out and kill hundreds of thousands of people in this country.
What do you mean “taking it seriously”? It doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously. I take anything as seriously as the data tells me to take it. A virus that’s 0.01% fatal in people under 45, and I know my health is better than 99% of people in that age group, isn’t something to be taken seriously. If you’re 75, sure, take it seriously. But you’re acting like it’s rational for a young person to take Alzheimer’s seriously for them. Why?! It’s not something that affects anyone who is young. It’s something they can safely ignore as background noise, or at best maybe think, “Hmm, here are ways to reduce my risk going forward so I don’t get that in 40-50 years.” Same with Coronavirus - I take all viruses seriously enough to eat right, exercise hard, and take Vitamin D. That’s taking my health seriously. But no, you shouldn’t take a joke of a virus seriously. Just because they’re insistent on counting every elderly death as Coronavirus doesn’t make it a threat to middle aged and young healthy people. Your threat level varies and thus how seriously you should take anything varies.

I’m not too worried about dying in a car crash. Why? Because I work from home, my car has 14,000 miles over 8 years, and when I do drive anywhere it rarely requires a freeway. So while I’m certainly wearing a seatbelt and being cautious, I’m not “taking it seriously” that it’s a big threat to me, yet it remains a larger threat than Coronasniffles which I already got, it wasn’t a big deal whatsoever, and I recovered from almost immediately.

If people actually took the pandemic seriously, it wouldn’t be pseudoscience ineffective safety theater like masks - which do nothing - it would be avoiding crowded places to begin with not relying on a false sense of security. It would be all of these fat, out of shape, disgusting Americans putting down the cheeseburgers and fries and picking up some weights. That would be taking the pandemic seriously! There’s a reason the CASE fatality rate in Singapore is just 0.05%, because the virus isn’t a threat to people who are healthy of any age. That’s why a 116-year-old just survived it. But since Americans don’t care about their health at all, they suffer the consequences and worry over a virus that does nothing more than kill the very weak and very old.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:46 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,748,928 times
COVID-19 will likely be with us forever. Here's how we'll live with it.

I agree, and with the newer variations appearing in different parts of the Globe, we are ALL in this for the Long HAUL, wether we like it or not !!!

Old 02-20-2021, 12:52 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,748,928 times
And forget the very weak and old !!! Mother in Law 96 yrs old with terminal heart disease...Become infected, and battled the Virus and came out negative, but she's not in a Nursing Home, she is in our home being cared for by 2 of Us...A Companion got it, brought here and that's how the Story started...Great thing it has closed happily for all of Us now.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:27 PM

610 posts, read 266,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
The quote I was responding to literally said "masks forever". Forever = permanently.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:15 AM

5,760 posts, read 4,377,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I will wear one mask but sorry - I'm not wearing two.

I wear a bandana over my KN95 because I like the bandito look.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:17 AM

5,760 posts, read 4,377,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
What do you mean “taking it seriously”? It doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously. I take anything as seriously as the data tells me to take it. A virus that’s 0.01% fatal in people under 45, and I know my health is better than 99% of people in that age group, isn’t something to be taken seriously. If you’re 75, sure, take it seriously. But you’re acting like it’s rational for a young person to take Alzheimer’s seriously for them. Why?! It’s not something that affects anyone who is young. It’s something they can safely ignore as background noise, or at best maybe think, “Hmm, here are ways to reduce my risk going forward so I don’t get that in 40-50 years.” Same with Coronavirus - I take all viruses seriously enough to eat right, exercise hard, and take Vitamin D. That’s taking my health seriously. But no, you shouldn’t take a joke of a virus seriously. Just because they’re insistent on counting every elderly death as Coronavirus doesn’t make it a threat to middle aged and young healthy people. Your threat level varies and thus how seriously you should take anything varies.

I’m not too worried about dying in a car crash. Why? Because I work from home, my car has 14,000 miles over 8 years, and when I do drive anywhere it rarely requires a freeway. So while I’m certainly wearing a seatbelt and being cautious, I’m not “taking it seriously” that it’s a big threat to me, yet it remains a larger threat than Coronasniffles which I already got, it wasn’t a big deal whatsoever, and I recovered from almost immediately.

If people actually took the pandemic seriously, it wouldn’t be pseudoscience ineffective safety theater like masks - which do nothing - it would be avoiding crowded places to begin with not relying on a false sense of security. It would be all of these fat, out of shape, disgusting Americans putting down the cheeseburgers and fries and picking up some weights. That would be taking the pandemic seriously! There’s a reason the CASE fatality rate in Singapore is just 0.05%, because the virus isn’t a threat to people who are healthy of any age. That’s why a 116-year-old just survived it. But since Americans don’t care about their health at all, they suffer the consequences and worry over a virus that does nothing more than kill the very weak and very old.

Young healthy people gave my aunt covid. Maybe it was you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness