Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I was basically venting and thinking, that IF we could sue for getting pregnant, we may be able to have another. It was just a hard decision to make that Im not regretting, just thinking hypotheticals outloud...
You throw the idea of suing out there like it's no big deal and you'll take the money if you can get it. Do you understand that you are totally screwing with someone when you sue? Sure, in some cases people deserve it, but it sounds like you're looking for any little crack in a door to get in and sue. You would put great stress on someone, increase their insurance, possibly screw up their career. If someone truly wrongs you, then it's an option. However, going around considering how to sue someone not b/c they did something really wrong but b/c you'd like to be able to afford another child? There's something not right about this.

Perfect example of our litigious society in this country I guess.

ps--suing in situations like this (or other places where it's not a true malpractice situation is part of the reason we have healthcare problems in this country. There are a lot of OBs who have given up their careers b/c they cannot afford the insurance anymore as people keep suing them when a child is born with an issue, even when it has nothing to do w/them. The same is true in other specialties. Rates go up, etc. It's really messed up when people look to doctors (or anyone else) to sue so they can fix their own financial issues.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times
yes meaning I was "hoping" to get pregnant and thinking I could sue so I could afford to have another child..You people are ridiculous

Im done..

Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times
Quote:
yes meaning I was "hoping" to get pregnant and thinking I could sue so I could afford to have another child..You people are ridiculous

Im done..
Exactly the problem. Suing would take care of financial issues, whether or not there was any malpractice, right?

Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 PM

62 posts, read 202,711 times
Quote:
During the time I was late, I was really hoping his vasectomy failed. I realized that I want to experience motherhood again, I want another baby. Coincidentally, at the same time, he has been complaining of pain in his right testicle where the operation was performed. I am so desparately hoping it is growing back together.
//www.city-data.com/forum/healt...vasectomy.html

So you wanted to sue even though you were praying for the surgery to fail?
*rolls eyes*

Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Suing won't work. If you google vasectomy you'll see that it is not 100% effective. It's rare, but in some men it doesn't work. Has he gone in for follow-ups? A friend of ours went in for a follow-up visit and gave a "sample" after 6 months to be sure there was nothing viable there. In some (few) men, there is.

Can't sue for it. No way would the place that did it say on anything you signed that they can guarantee it, b/c they can't.

Have to agree, if they thought they could be sued, it's in the disclaimer that was signed and if the husband didn't bring a sample back, well it would fall on the hubby being neglegent.

Quote:
My post was misread, Im not looking to sue, I am not pregnant. The reason we decided against another child is for financial reasons. I was basically venting and thinking, that IF we could sue for getting pregnant, we may be able to have another. It was just a hard decision to make that Im not regretting, just thinking hypotheticals outloud...

I figured IF I did end up pregnant there would be no case since it's not 100% effective anyway. I was just ranting I guess
Oobie, you posted because your breasts are/were tender and you wondered if maybe you could be pregnant. You sound like you'd love another child but can't financially do it.. welcome to everyone's world.

Shame your hubby did have one because if something happens that you would be financially able to, now you probably can't since they are hard to reverse.

My hubby had one as well, what you are feeling is normal. You have to grieve for the loss of ever getting pregnant by him.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
My post was misread, Im not looking to sue, I am not pregnant. The reason we decided against another child is for financial reasons. I was basically venting and thinking, that IF we could sue for getting pregnant, we may be able to have another. It was just a hard decision to make that Im not regretting, just thinking hypotheticals outloud...

I figured IF I did end up pregnant there would be no case since it's not 100% effective anyway. I was just ranting I guess
Girl, you can't think outloud through a post. Then a whole online community reads it thinking you are serious. Thinking outloud means sitting at home talking to a friend or your husband, not posting online. I'm not surprised one bit that this thread went this way. Becareful next time what you post if you don't want the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness