Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 02:49 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Not scolding you, just suggesting that there are more productive ways to get an answer out of a doctor. A text message probably gets buried pretty quickly. When I have a question that needs answering I call or make an appointment. Works every time.
Perhaps you weren't scolding me, but it's a embarrassing to be admonished about how to get hold of my doctor as though I'm the village idiot. And I didn't send a text message, I used the UC Davis patient messaging system. The only other option is to schedule a televisit which seems like overkill. I don't know why they haven't gotten back to me, my guess is that they are busy. I have an appointment with the doctor for next month, if necessary I will ask then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 02:56 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
A pharmacist would probably know, at least I hope they would since they give the shots.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:03 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You sent a message? Call them directly. They're busy!
In defense of the OP, I'm not sure why my doctor's office even has a phone because they do not answer it or return calls. He has told me to use the portal and send him a message. He typically responds in under 24 hours.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
In defense of the OP, I'm not sure why my doctor's office even has a phone because they do not answer it or return calls. He has told me to use the portal and send him a message. He typically responds in under 24 hours.
thanks, they don't answer calls at this office either, When I message them through the portal they usually get back to me in a day or two, but I will try again.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:49 PM

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
thanks, they don't answer calls at this office either, When I message them through the portal they usually get back to me in a day or two, but I will try again.
Ok I do understand the new portal......hate it.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:02 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Asking your Doctor, would be the thing to do. I would not go on what someone said on a message board.
Doctors can be wrong, dealing with this right now in regards to a relative.

Best to not only ask the doctor, but go find information for yourself as well.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 660 times
[url]https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/treatment-faqs#can-i-get-a-flu-shot-after-receiving-monoclonal-antibody-therapy[/url]

Can I get a flu shot after receiving monoclonal antibody therapy?
Yes. People who have received monoclonal antibody therapy can receive a flu shot but should talk with their provider about individual recommendations

Old 10-01-2021, 05:28 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
The influenza virus and COVID-19 aren't closely related viruses, which means the anti-COVID monoclonal antibodies shouldn't interfere with the efficacy of the flu shot. Go ahead and get it!

Old 10-01-2021, 06:58 PM

Thanks to those of you who responded, you are correct, my doctor finally tore himself away from playing CandyCrush (or whatever he does on that tablet) to respond and said it's ok to get the flu shot just not the Covid booster- for that I have to wait 3 months

Old 10-02-2021, 08:04 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Thanks to those of you who responded, you are correct, my doctor finally tore himself away from playing CandyCrush (or whatever he does on that tablet) to respond and said it's ok to get the flu shot just not the Covid booster- for that I have to wait 3 months

Glad they replied to you.

My doctors also use the portal, it's faster than waiting for a call back. They prefer a portal message because they can have students type the answer to it, can do it at any time quicker than phone because they're not waiting for you to pick up or ask follow up questions.

I have a gastro who's portal system is pretty rude. You can't reply back to a reply they give you. I was told it was locked for replies. He's with Thomas Jefferson in Philadelphia, practicing in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness