Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 06:41 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
UK Health Security Agency
"vaccinated adults are now being infected at much HIGHER rates than the unvaccinated)."

From Medrxiv.org
"No Significant Difference in Viral Load Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated"

Anyone wanting to read the UK full report can find it here - Link

Old 10-23-2021, 09:25 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
Whats wrong with a natural immunity.

Natural immunity is what you get from being infected. There are mainly three things wrong with it:

1. While you are infected - you are infecting a bunch of other people, who will mainly be ok, but maybe not.
2. YOU will probably be OK too - but maybe not.
3. You cannot work while you are infected - and anyone that lives with you (unvaccinated) cannot work either.

Other than that it's fine.

Old 10-23-2021, 12:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
From the UK article:

Quote:
They conclude that overall, the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines outweigh any potential risks.
https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-42.pdf

Old 10-25-2021, 09:06 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
have fun with that!!
You'll need those boosters the rest of your life as you'll now be vaccine dependent.
Whats wrong with a natural immunity...and why aren't they giving antibody tests before vaccinations?
Why is the CDC saying natural immunity is no good?...it's the best immunity to diseases you can get
The best way to avoid infection is to get infected? Does that logic work for other situations? Can I make myself immune to automobile accidents by ramming a tree with my car?

Real science: COVID has a 100% survival rate among survivors.

Old 10-26-2021, 01:00 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
The best way to avoid infection is to get infected? Does that logic work for other situations? Can I make myself immune to automobile accidents by ramming a tree with my car?

Real science: COVID has a 100% survival rate among survivors.
I believe the get infected theory. And won't go to the auto accident issue, why?

I had the Asian flu really bad in the later 1950's, and I believe this flu may have given my liifelong immunity and talking to a friend and she had a hard flu back then too and she believes this too. She also takes supports as I do. So keeping healthy is big.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:35 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I believe the get infected theory. And won't go to the auto accident issue, why?

I had the Asian flu really bad in the later 1950's, and I believe this flu may have given my liifelong immunity and talking to a friend and she had a hard flu back then too and she believes this too. She also takes supports as I do. So keeping healthy is big.
The 1957 Asian flu (Influenza A.H2N2) hasn't been around for 50 years so how would you know if you're still immune to it? Unless you mean it made you immune to all flu, which would be exceptionally rare if not impossible.

Old 10-30-2021, 03:20 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
The 1957 Asian flu (Influenza A.H2N2) hasn't been around for 50 years so how would you know if you're still immune to it? Unless you mean it made you immune to all flu, which would be exceptionally rare if not impossible.
Anything is possible, and I've not had "big" flu in over 60 yrs....so maybe I was fortunate at 18 yrs old.

My grandkids spent a weekend with cousins who got the jabs and these young adults came home and eventually got mild cases of the virus. They healed themselves at home and gave it to their mom who also healed herself...None do the shots.

Old 10-30-2021, 03:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Whats wrong with a natural immunity.

Natural immunity is what you get from being infected. There are mainly three things wrong with it:

1. While you are infected - you are infecting a bunch of other people, who will mainly be ok, but maybe not.
2. YOU will probably be OK too - but maybe not.
3. You cannot work while you are infected - and anyone that lives with you (unvaccinated) cannot work either.

Other than that it's fine.

NONE of these points apply to someone that has already had it and recovered. Why should they be required to get a vaccine?

Old 10-30-2021, 03:27 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:

You do realize that a hundred million people have ALREADY been infected?

Old 10-30-2021, 03:38 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,402,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
"People who are vaccinated against Covid-19 are less likely to spread the virus even if they become infected, a new study finds, adding to a growing body of evidence that vaccines can reduce transmission of the delta variant."

The not-yet-peer-reviewed study shows that the transmission properties are complex and there is still much to learn about the antibody retention.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...finds-n1280583
Buried deep in the article is the bad news about that slight transmission reduction quickly waning.

"The study shows that people who become infected with the Delta variant are less likely to pass the virus to their close contacts if they have already had a COVID-19 vaccine than if they haven’t1. But that protective effect is relatively small, and dwindles alarmingly at three months after the receipt of the second shot."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d415...2689-y#ref-CR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Generally supports continued boosters.
COVID has spread like a brush fire in countries with upwards of 80% vaccination rates. Clearly, mass vaccination isn't doing much to slow the spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness