Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 09:59 AM

585 posts, read 494,905 times

Advertisements

It makes no sense. We were at a small gathering. 2 days later her and her husband were feeling sick. Both tested positive and both vaccinated. They say it’s my other friends fault because she was at the gathering also but isn’t vaccinated. She isn’t sick but got tested anyways and it was negative. I ask my friend how she can blame someone who doesn’t even have Covid and she won’t really answer the question. She just says that Covid would be over if everyone was vaccinated. Many people believe this. Even my dentist and others I know in the medical field. How can’t it just go away? It’s not a vaccine like Polio or Measles that prevents you from getting it. I know more people now who are vaccinated that have it then I did before there was a vaccination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 10:20 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,923 times
COVID vaccinated person is angry at the unvaccinated for not taking the COVID vaccine that did not prevent her from getting COVID. And still believes that COVID would have been eradicated if everyone was vaccinated with the COVID vaccine that did not prevent her from getting COVID.

The COVID vaccines must enhance one's ability to engage in logical fallacies.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Your friend sounds pretty dumb.

Sadly, there is no shortage of stupid people in the world. What can you do?

Old 09-17-2021, 10:24 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,573 times
Indeed,

I have an ex-client who blames me in the same way. I'm beyond trying to reason with people as this whole thing has become completely irrational . Many of the previous arguments have lost their value as more and more information comes out and that doesn't work for people with cognitive dissonance.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,080,307 times
The vaccinated one in this case is being ridiculous.

I have never once blamed or tried to blame someone for any sickness I've had in the past. I have continued that philosophy with COVID.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
It makes no sense. We were at a small gathering. 2 days later her and her husband were feeling sick. Both tested positive and both vaccinated. They say it’s my other friends fault because she was at the gathering also but isn’t vaccinated. She isn’t sick but got tested anyways and it was negative. I ask my friend how she can blame someone who doesn’t even have Covid and she won’t really answer the question. She just says that Covid would be over if everyone was vaccinated. Many people believe this. Even my dentist and others I know in the medical field. How can’t it just go away? It’s not a vaccine like Polio or Measles that prevents you from getting it. I know more people now who are vaccinated that have it then I did before there was a vaccination.

Good thing is they are vaccinated, which means they likely feel sick for a couple weeks and then recover. If they hadn't been vaccinated, it would have been a much bigger problem.

It's your unvaccinated friends that should be of concern. In fact, your unvaccinated friends should be the one who are mad at your vaccinated friends for exposing them. Even though their test came back negative, they are far from out of the woods - it doesn't mean they have no Covid. It can mean it's too early for the test to detect it.

One of my vaccinated friends caught the virus from her too-young-to-vaccinate child. 7 days after being infected and while she was starting to feel sick, she got the test and it came back negative. She got the test again at Day 10 and finally got a positive result.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 AM

654 posts, read 279,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good thing is they are vaccinated, which means they likely feel sick for a couple weeks and then recover. If they hadn't been vaccinated, it would have been a much bigger problem.

It's your unvaccinated friend that should be of concern. Even though their test came back negative, they are far from out of the woods - it doesn't mean they have no Covid. It can mean it's too early for the test to detect it.

No, it wouldn't have. Please stop projecting. I had COVID, unvaccinated, and it was nothing more than a cold. In fact, I've had bronchitis and that was worse than COVID. Four people that live together, that I am friends with, all got sick with COVID last month. Two are vaccinated, two are unvaccinated. One of the one's who's vaccinated was the sickest of them all. Please, stop with you're fearmongering.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:04 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
While laying blame at the feet of an disease-free person would not be accurate, your friend is completely in the right for blaming the collective unvaccinated for the continuing severe levels of covid in the country right now. It would be very easy now for the US to be near 90% vaccinated if all Americans acted responsibly. At that level, covid prevalence in the community would be far less than it is and your friend may well never have come in contact with it.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:05 AM

18,430 posts, read 8,262,327 times
Quote:
so that explains all these vaccinated people that are catching covid...

...and all these unvaccinated people that are not

Old 09-17-2021, 11:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:

It's your unvaccinated friends that should be of concern. In fact, your unvaccinated friends should be the one who are mad at your vaccinated friends for exposing them. Even though their test came back negative, they are far from out of the woods - it doesn't mean they have no Covid. It can mean it's too early for the test to detect it.

One of my vaccinated friends caught the virus from her too-young-to-vaccinate child. 7 days after being infected and while she was starting to feel sick, she got the test and it came back negative. She got the test again at Day 10 and finally got a positive result.
The vast majority of unvaccinated people who catch covid don’t end up with a “bigger problem” either. Most recover at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies