Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 04:32 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

It is NOT psoriasis. Stop treating it like it is. Get you some Lotrimin athletes' foot spray with miconazole. The powdered type. Use it even after you think its cleared up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 07:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
It is NOT psoriasis. Stop treating it like it is. Get you some Lotrimin athletes' foot spray with miconazole. The powdered type. Use it even after you think its cleared up.
That was one of the first things I tried. Was not effective at all.

Ive also tried Triamcinolone and Tolnaftate, neither worked.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
Please have your PCP test for genital herpes as well. It can be dormant in your system for many years then pop up.
Hmm, I did have a brief case of Chlamydia way back when I was 15 yrs old, but Im 48 now.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Tea tree oil soap changed my life. Sometimes hard to find, but Sally’s, Walmart, and Whole Foods are places I have been able to find it. Apparently surfactants found in almost all commercially available bar soaps and shampoos are the source for the itching groins which some of us suffer from. Tea tree oil soap apparently does not contain surfactants.
Interesting you should mention that,awhile back I was using Lever 2000 soap and I had itchy groin area, (not as bad as it is now though), At first I thought it was the laundry soap, so I switched to free and clear, I washed everything I had, it took me awhile to figure out it was the Lever 2000 soap!

Old 04-26-2022, 08:00 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That was one of the first things I tried. Was not effective at all.

Ive also tried Triamcinolone and Tolnaftate, neither worked.
For how long? A few days may not be enough.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:35 AM

689 posts, read 640,233 times
Quote:
my PCP is getting me in tomorrow morning spur of the moment...
I will update tomorrow!
Glad your PCP is able to see you so quickly. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2022, 09:42 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Quote:
It cannot be a STD, ( I havent had sex in a long time), and really my sex drive has been at ZERO for a few years, A past doctor told me I have very low Testosterone, but its not really a priority to me anymore, I enjoy being single and not dating anyone, I have no desire to get into a relationship in the near future, and Ive not worn anyone elses clothing, the only animals Ive had contact with is a dog and cat.

As to the itching...YES, I really did take sandpaper to the area between my legs and kind of lightly ran it back and forth to ease the itch, ( I did not dig it into my skin, so no bleeding)...it helped a little, but it seems like the more I itch, the MORE itchy it becomes. my PCP is getting me in tomorrow morning spur of the moment, I have to get this taken care of tomorrow, Im only getting around 3 hours of sleep thanks to this and I cannot continue on as I am. Im going to request my PCP give me the strongest antibiotic she can, that should kill it within a few days.

I will update tomorrow!
Scabies, is Not an STD.
Moderately infectious, thru direct and indirect contact.

Have you worn clothing recently that was used by other people or put a jacket that was in contact with another jacket? Have you been in a subway or venue when your clothing has been in contact with another? That's all it takes.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:49 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Sounds like what I had. I am not a male, and my doctor called it jock itch. I was shocked. Thought only men suffered with it. Basically, after I gained a lot of weight the groin folds don't dry out like they used to when i was skinny and that causes the jock itch. I've learned that if I hold my legs spread wide, that promotes drying. You can also use a hair dryer on low heat.

No joking, please!

Old 04-26-2022, 06:44 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
As I previously stated: don't use a scented soap (Lever, Dove, etc.) - and make sure you dry the area.

Old 04-26-2022, 06:50 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
... it seems like the more I itch it, the MORE itchy it becomes.
It's the itch-scratch cycle:

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...ing-feels-good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness