Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times

Advertisements

This is all I do any more. Neck, back, chest, shoulders, you name it. I sleep with a back scratcher within reach every night.
Benadryl helps somewhat but I can't take it all day long. I'll fall asleep at my desk.

I just bought an Aveeno bar and am hoping that helps some but it isn't dry skin. I get rashes. They appear and disappear.

Simply don't know what to do and going crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 07:13 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
This is all I do any more. Neck, back, chest, shoulders, you name it. I sleep with a back scratcher within reach every night.
Benadryl helps somewhat but I can't take it all day long. I'll fall asleep at my desk.

I just bought an Aveeno bar and am hoping that helps some but it isn't dry skin. I get rashes. They appear and disappear.

Simply don't know what to do and going crazy.
I suffered all my life from sensitive skin,had rashes out of the blue.Sensitive to certain cloth material I noticed since I hit Menopause I feel itchier,especially around fall til spring time. I can lean on something for a while and I notice a red rash,which will disappear in a short while.Even stress triggers sudden rashes for me. At times my itching drives me crazy,but I use coconut butter now and it seems to stop most of my itch problem. I have to double rinse my laundry too and don't use soap bars anymore,instead I have an oatmeal soap bar from a health store.As my DH says I am one odd ball Oh I was suggested Benadryl too,but I don't like to pump myself with that stuff,neither what my doctor was offering me. I could live on medicine daily if it would be the doctors choice. Do you eat very spicy food? I noticed lately certain spiciness makes me itch shortly after too.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
If you itch only where your clothing lays on your skin, change your detergent and softener. If that doesn't work look at changing other things that touch your skin, like soap and lotions you use.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
All good posts. Aveeno body lotion, tho....not a bar of soap.
It is the best, even md's recommend it....over a lot of persciption things.

You'll see a lot of posts will point to your liver, true...start with standardized milk thistle...
If it is the liver.
Something in your diet could be causing it.
My poor dog itched all the time til I talked to someone, said change his food and Voila!
Detergent definitely change. Drink more water, no alcohol, no coffee.
Buy cranberry juice...won't hurt since kidneys and skin go hand in hand.
If u can't sleep and are in a state like I am with legal pot....use some before you go to bed...it truly helps.
Try some of these things as a start.
Good luck, get back to us.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
How's your blood sugar? Constant itching can be a sign of diabetes, I know because I had the same issue, mostly on my back. When blood glucose started coming down it completely went away.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
I had that problem and mine was caused by an allergy to red 40 which I suddenly developed.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:24 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
I would use unscented laundry detergent and fabric softener and see if that helps. Maybe you have a food allergy? I use to get this too but since I joined WW in 2011 and lost weight I don't itch all that much anymore. Allergy to medication might be a cause too. Take a wash cloth soaked in white vinegar and wipe down your skin. The vinegar calms the itch.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:42 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
The first thing I'd do, is go to a dermatologist and ask him if he can help you figure out why you're getting rashes. Once you find out why, you'll know how to address the problem. You could try an elimination diet - you could try changing detergents. You could also see if an over-the-counter non-drowsy antihistamine gets rid of the rashes - like Zyrtec, Allegra, or Claritin (I take Zyrtec every day that I have to work, because I'm allergic to the powdery surface of the plastic bags they use to put the customer's stuff in).

Old 09-25-2013, 02:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
If this applies to you, don't shower (bathe) excessively and when you do make it short and with water as cool as you can.
Apply lotion while still a little damp.
Until a dermatologist told me this, I felt like somebody took a blowtorch to the driest areas of my body....back, hips, etc.
It wasn't immediately after the shower, either, so hard to connect the cause.
Have been using Caress ever since, on his recommendation also.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Seems like it could be any number of things. Lovely.

I have an appointment with the doc coming up. They did bloodwork so maybe that can rule out some of these things.

I was on Accutane years ago and it affected my liver. It healed but who knows, I could still have something there.

I don't drink alcohol other than a couple of times a year. Mj isn't legal other than medical here.

And having had a hysterectomy, I wouldn't know if I was beginning menopause or not.

I don't think it's detergent and I've only been allergic to bee stings and ibuprofen. No seasonal allergies, nothing. The diabetes thing scares the hell out of me. It runs in my family. My mom had it and didn't know it.

Hopefully the bloodwork will give me some answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness