Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 01:29 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I didn't say you made assumptions. I meant the studies made assumptions.

I think they used data. They may have looked at median lifespan not maximum, I dunno. A quick Google says USA has same lifespan as Azerbaijan, but this isn't a hill I want to die on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2022, 08:20 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I think they used data. They may have looked at median lifespan not maximum, I dunno. A quick Google says USA has same lifespan as Azerbaijan, but this isn't a hill I want to die on.
Caucasians (as in from Caucasus) have the longest maximum lifespans, lasting into triple digits. The longest average lifespan would be, I think, the Japanese. While Japan's diet is amazing (a lot of fresh fish, fermented vegetables, kelp, naturally-grown rice), I can't say the same about its lifestyle. All those long working hours can't be good for mental health or the human body.

Old 12-17-2022, 01:01 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Maximum potential lifespan is genetically determined-- it's pretty much the same now as when Moses wrote The Bible.

Life expectancy is only poorly correlated wirth climate. Warmer would be healthier except that tropical climes tend to have people living in more primitive, lower standard of living conditions than the industrial countries, which tend to be located in temperate zones...Be careful of "confounding factors" when interpreting statistics.

In regards colds & body temps-- as stated on another thread-- good way to fight common colds is to keep body temp high. While cool noses may be associated with lower local WBC counts, is that the important factor or is it that viruses replicate faster in cooler body tissue?

Old 12-20-2022, 04:29 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
Another CNN article that ends by telling us we should be wearing masks. Now that the science articles are piling up suggesting that they are completely ineffective at stopping the spread of viruses, now we should mask up because it will keep our noses warm so that they can do their job.

My my nose is doing it's job, and it smells BS.

My doctor says: Wash your hands, get plenty of vitamin D, eat healthy, exercise, and avoid CNN whenever possible.

Old 12-23-2022, 11:35 AM
SFX

1,634 posts, read 889,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
My doctor says: Wash your hands, get plenty of vitamin D, eat healthy, exercise, and avoid CNN whenever possible.
That sounds like a very good Doctor.

Old 01-01-2023, 04:48 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
I got sick once in the summer from going on a bike ride near lake michigan and hitting strong lake effect breezes that would fluctuate the temperature between 85 and 70 multiple times during the ride. It's not something my body is apparently used too since I haven't lived back there for some time.

I feel crappy right now. I probably shouldn't be on here, but I can't sleep. If I get sick, I get sick. It's good for the body once in a while to get a cold.

Old 01-01-2023, 08:37 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
One other reason more colds happen in winter is STRESS. Cold weather is stressful, and stress undermines the immune system. You have to shovel snow off your sidewalk and driveway. You have to scrape ice off your car. You have to worry about skidding while driving. You have to put on clunky outerwear. You have to shiver in the cold. And worst of all, you have to listen to warmists telling you that the cold weather is just an illusion, and that the "climate" is actually "warm". So with all the added stress, the immune system can't cope, and you get sick more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness