Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 04:24 AM

7,624 posts, read 3,271,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
You practically need to have a law degree and a finance degree to understand all of the terms of those places. The one thing that I would absolutely not want is to pay a not so small fortune to buy into one of those places only to have the staff nagging me about or forbidding me to have a glass of wine or a piece of cake for dessert - or whatever, in their mind, is the "wrong" thing for me to be drinking or eating.

Forget that.
I was researching those when I still feared death. My concern now is just to be around long enough to get my fur babies through their little lives before I kick the bucket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 06:30 PM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I was researching those when I still feared death. My concern now is just to be around long enough to get my fur babies through their little lives before I kick the bucket.
I don't fear death. I fear becoming a burden on my children. I can see why people go the CCRC route. It's just a ton of money to do that and there's so much fine print to wade through. It's enough to make your head explode.

Old 02-07-2023, 04:59 AM

574 posts, read 268,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
You practically need to have a law degree and a finance degree to understand all of the terms of those places. The one thing that I would absolutely not want is to pay a not so small fortune to buy into one of those places only to have the staff nagging me about or forbidding me to have a glass of wine or a piece of cake for dessert - or whatever, in their mind, is the "wrong" thing for me to be drinking or eating.

Forget that.
One of the longest living person in history, a French woman, would have a glass of wine and a cigarette after every meal. She never smoked the entire pack. Everything in moderation won't be harmful for you.

After a certain age, say 75, you might as well smoke or do the things you always wanted to do but were bad for you so you avoided it. It takes around 10-20 years of smoking regularly for it to lead to a clinically increased of lung, throat, mouth and other cancers. 10-20 years from 75 puts you out at 85-95.

Likewise, it takes decades of obesity to clinically strip years off your life.

Of course, when you get to 85-95 you might want more years especially if the years leading up to 85-95 have been good. But time is something we never have enough off. Letting go is the key to happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness