Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 04:05 PM

1,007 posts, read 576,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Well, he did take accepted standardized precautions didn't he? Probably more behind the scenes than you were aware of. And, before you asked, he also informed you he hadn't tested positive for Covid didn't he? It is entirely possible he did opt not to see his more vulnerable patients. He cancelled their appointments which was why they were complaining! You don't know anything about his other patients do you? I would hope not. That's privileged information that shouldn't be broadcasted to other patients; including the two of you. As for "how it is now", yes, people do seem to make more snap judgments these days based on assumptions, not facts.
SO what he didn't test postivie for COVID! Is it really ok for him to charge for a visit when he couldn't do the actual work required for a visit? No, that is not right. It doesn't matter that he took the standarized precautions. This puritan work ethic has ruined us, puts us in a position to accept sub-standard work because workers are expected to work when they are sick.

It doesn't matter what job you have, you don't go in to the office when you are sick,especially when your job requires you be in contact with sick or ailing people!

Even if the only issue is that you are unable to perform your duties properly. Never mind the flu epidemics that are caused by this bad behavior now that every office keeps everyone in cubes with 4 ft high "walls" where your neighbor's cough spreads everywhere. At least covid gave us a chance to stay home when we are sick but for some reason if you don't have covid it is ok to spread what ever you do have? Covid is Not the only virus we get and it is not the only virus that kills people who are already ill from some thing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2023, 03:13 PM

23,496 posts, read 19,198,031 times
SO what he didn't test postivie for COVID! Is it really ok for him to charge for a visit when he couldn't do the actual work required for a visit?

This office appointment only occurred last week. No one knows how this sick doc ended up coding the visit or charging for it. The final charge won't be known until the OP's EOB arrives. We also don't know what the original office visit was supposed to include or what the doc would have charged for that. The OP didn't honor us with details. We can only respond to what an OP chooses to present. For all we know the doc discounted everything to a lower "consultation" or "follow up" rate.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-13-2023 at 04:26 PM..

Old 07-14-2023, 09:55 AM

2,732 posts, read 1,230,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
And if no physician is available to stand in for him?

I agree he should have cancelled all appointments that day, but let's realize what that means. It means a LOT of angry patients.
If he can't get a stand in then ask that Doctor to have his staff help with calling some of his patients to reschedule. It's a no brainer ask for help when short staffed and make the safety of the all patients come first.

Oh that's a concern angry patients. Yeah that's more important than taking the risk he could have something more serious that could freaking kill them. All Doctors should know better this one is no different.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:08 AM

2,732 posts, read 1,230,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
SO what he didn't test postivie for COVID! Is it really ok for him to charge for a visit when he couldn't do the actual work required for a visit?

This office appointment only occurred last week. No one knows how this sick doc ended up coding the visit or charging for it. The final charge won't be known until the OP's EOB arrives. We also don't know what the original office visit was supposed to include or what the doc would have charged for that. The OP didn't honor us with details. We can only respond to what an OP chooses to present. For all we know the doc discounted everything to a lower "consultation" or "follow up" rate.
You bring up a good point. Since you got me thinking about this if it were me I would call my Insurance Co. and ask them what he put for a charge and explain to them the situation or outcome of his coming in sick like that.

I still remember I found out about this virus killing people when the Doctors were not telling people because they didn't know what it was that was so strong it killed their patients in hospitals. They never use to wear masks before and I got curious as to why so I asked everyone of them and insisted on a truthful answer since they were so afraid to go near me that's when I found out. I told that one Doctor before the other Doctors I went to don't you think since you all think it's so serious that all Doctors are now required to wear a mask that your patients should be given that information and decide for themselves if they choose to wear a mask? There are so many times when Doctors know a contagion is loose and don't tell us until it spreads so much that it's harder to fight it.

Last edited by staystill; 07-14-2023 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: He could have had covid and the test didn't show at that time.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:14 AM

36,483 posts, read 16,081,385 times
Since the doctor just talked, did they do and EKG when he got there? Done by a PA so they would have something to talk about. Otherwise he was taking precautions, but pre-seeing the doc, he should have had EKG, BP and stuff done before the dr. No I haven't' been to a sick doctor.

Old 07-18-2023, 03:03 PM

151 posts, read 116,524 times
If he sick. He is useless and jeopardize people health. That dr should have stayed home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness