Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2023, 08:18 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used a Hybrid mattress? Do you think they're better than coil mattresses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2023, 02:00 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,902,551 times
We bought the one below and are very happy with it. We bought it for a guest room and all the guests have made good comments about it (though it replaced a queen air mattress so by comparison anything would be a big improvement). I did take a nap on it just to test it out and I think I might even like it better than the mattress in our room so I've considered buying another. It is firm, which is how I like a mattress. FYI it was almost $100 cheaper when we bought it almost 2 years ago, but camelcamelcamel shows it's been trending up in price since then.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl

Edited to add: We have it on a platform bed frame (no box spring).

Old 07-24-2023, 08:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I like hybrid mattresses, but I also like traditional coil mattresses and I also can see the appeal of a Tempurpedic mattress that's all foam as well. I believe the one I have is a traditional coil mattress but with a three inch foam topper as well. It's on a platform rather than box springs and I love it.

Old 07-24-2023, 09:10 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Has anyone used a Hybrid mattress? Do you think they're better than coil mattresses?
Yes, I have a Saatva classic mattress which is a hybrid of foam and innerspring. I love it. My husband is far pickier than I am and feels it gives just the right amount of firmness and softness. We have it on a boxspring.

It replaced a 20+ year old Bassett, which was traditional coil, and which needed replacing probably 10/15 years ago. I woke up too many times with lower back pain and my own cheapness was the only reason I didn’t replace it sooner.

What I find interesting is that the foam conforms to your sleep position, but doesn't feel like it’s sagging when you’re sleeping, if that makes sense. Anyway, I like the Saatva a lot.

Old 08-01-2023, 07:07 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
I don't like either. I have a SleepNumber and I find it the perfect solution for my personal sleeping needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness