Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 06:00 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,427,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
#1 almost all of them disrupt and destroy good bacteria in the gut and/or affect nerves and other organs.
I don't take prescriptions but I seem to be dealing with gut issues at the moment,mostly due to diet I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 06:22 PM

2,282 posts, read 1,581,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I don't take prescriptions but I seem to be dealing with gut issues at the moment,mostly due to diet I believe.
Probiotics may help you. I'm not a doc just an avid listener and reader.
I read that some doctors said it call catches up to you later in life.
In your 20s and 30s people may have eaten chili dogs and fries one day, the next burger and fries, pizza and beers the next, mac and cheese the next, fried chicken the next, boozing with friends, chips and dip, cakes, etc. Of course, people will not have the same result or have issues at all.
Doctors told me it accumulates over decades and shows up in your late 40s and 50s and we wonder what happened. The extar effort yuour internal organs have to do to process bad food for that long takes a toll. As your internals get worse from years of neglect it starts showing on the outside through aging, surprise pains, and other skin issues; wrinkling, moles, blotches...

Old 07-20-2023, 12:08 AM

4,601 posts, read 2,992,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Everyone on the City-Data Retirement Forum looks ten years younger than they are. Ask them.
Yes, because we're Boomers (most of us, anyway).

Old 07-20-2023, 05:40 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,427,941 times
Quote:
Probiotics may help you. I'm not a doc just an avid listener and reader.
I read that some doctors said it call catches up to you later in life.
In your 20s and 30s people may have eaten chili dogs and fries one day, the next burger and fries, pizza and beers the next, mac and cheese the next, fried chicken the next, boozing with friends, chips and dip, cakes, etc. Of course, people will not have the same result or have issues at all.
Doctors told me it accumulates over decades and shows up in your late 40s and 50s and we wonder what happened. The extar effort yuour internal organs have to do to process bad food for that long takes a toll. As your internals get worse from years of neglect it starts showing on the outside through aging, surprise pains, and other skin issues; wrinkling, moles, blotches...
I think so too...except I didin't booze etc. Just ate whatever I wanted.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:18 AM

841 posts, read 552,924 times
Some people are surprised to find out I am 7 years older than my husband. A life-long struggle with oily skin has at least left me with less wrinkles than many of my classmates. I just took a selfie, in my office, in horrible lighting that seemed to magnify every wrinkle and tried it out. Came up with 37, which is funny, because that is how old my husband is.

FWIW, I also tried it out with a pic someone else took of us as a group outside a few months ago. Photo quality obviously deteriorated when I cropped it to only my head. It said I looked 28. Yeah, no, no I do not.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:56 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,457,773 times
It sounds like those guess my age apps are "feel good" apps. Do these cost money? People are going to use and promote an app that gives them warm fuzzies.

Here is how it works I bet..... you put in the picture and it configures some age based on algorithms. Then it subtracts 20 years. And there is your result.

If the algorithm recognizes you are a 15 year old, that 20 year subtraction is not executed.

For the people in their 90's, they up the subtraction to 30 years.

I have always "enhanced" to people about how old I think they are. Just last week in the gym, an older man whom I have not seen in awhile was making some small chat and telling me how good he feels for being 75. Then he looks at me, waiting for what I know is that hopeful comment. So..... I made his day. I looked at him, tilted my head, and said, "You're 75? Seriously? I would have guessed you at least 12 years younger than that." But the fact was, I knew he was in his 70's. Anyhow, he always waves enthusiastically when he sees me lately.

I don't even try to think if I look younger or older, based on my own thoughts of people when I approach them or am asked regarding age. I just figure I must look my age, either good or bad for my age. Somedays it is the good and on yucky days it is bad.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:44 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,937,844 times
Quote:
What do most people who look younger have in common?

I think it is good daily diet and exercise 4 to 5 times a week.

when you do this above you're probably not on prescriptions, drinking alcohol or smoking.
My dad will be 93 in a few months and has the worst diet (loves his processed tv dinners) and was never an exercise person. He smoked most of his life (he doesn't now though), is still a drinker and has been on many prescriptions over the years. He has always looked younger than what he is. The skin on his face in most areas is like butter. He also did not get white in his hair until he was in his late eighties.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:26 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times
Here, I'll let the hive mind of CD decide. Guess: (no cheating and looking at pasts posts for hints either!)

Old 07-20-2023, 10:54 AM

7,500 posts, read 3,227,551 times
People used to always get me as about 10 years younger (up until about 50). One thing is I have been only 10% gray since 50-ish (now 60-ish). Starting to get a few wrinkles. The eyes are the worst area. I have a limp because I was run over by a truck and hobbled and then 15 years later I fell and broke that same knee cap. So, I have not been graceful for a couple of decades.

At least when I kick the bucket my body will be all used up.

Old 07-20-2023, 12:53 PM

2,038 posts, read 4,552,842 times
I think I look my age. Not younger and not older. The app said I look 3 years younger than I am. I'll take it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness