Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 07:38 PM

61,812 posts, read 87,269,132 times

Advertisements

Investigations suggest that, in some fields, at least one-quarter of clinical trials might be problematic or even entirely made up, warn some researchers. They urge stronger scrutiny.

It's not only corrupted FDA who manage our health. The whole system is rotten.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02627-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 08:39 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,510,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Investigations suggest that, in some fields, at least one-quarter of clinical trials might be problematic or even entirely made up, warn some researchers. They urge stronger scrutiny.

It's probably greater than 1/4. Too much money on the line for the companies doing the studies. It's important to realize that most medicines you will take offer only modest benefits for your overall longevity. The best thing you can do is optimize your diet and exercise and stress and sleep.

Old 09-02-2023, 07:15 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,303,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
It's probably greater than 1/4. Too much money on the line for the companies doing the studies. It's important to realize that most medicines you will take offer only modest benefits for your overall longevity. The best thing you can do is optimize your diet and exercise and stress and sleep.

Can you cite a clinical study showing this? Was it in the 3/4 or the 1/4?

Old 09-02-2023, 07:19 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,510,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Can you cite a clinical study showing this? Was it in the 3/4 or the 1/4?
It's basically the reproducibility problem in medicine. The vast majority of clinical trials are not reproducible.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:31 AM

1,149 posts, read 866,025 times
Initial pilot studies are small and selective which brings about questions of validity either because of statistical bias or a failure in the proof of concept. It doesn't matter why the study can not be replicated. The important thing is that it be replicated before put into clinical practice.

The fact that it can not be replicative by follow up studies proves that there isn't some sort of monopoly or pharmacological conspiracy at play.

Studies also never stop as there continues to be post release studies and if there is ever a replacement treatment then again another study will be done to compare the current treatment with it's proposed replacement.

There is redundancy in the system that can catch flaws that go beyond the FDA and any given pharmacological companies ability to hide things.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:30 AM

37,120 posts, read 41,316,278 times
Sounds like a lot of the problematic studies are coming from the Middle East, and there are attempts to get a handle on things.

Institutions should not base promotion on the number of studies published.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:36 AM

11,553 posts, read 6,041,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Welcome to the club. GOOD FIND. Good post.

We were saying this all through Covid, that Big Medicine and the government agencies they purchased have been deeply corrupted and are fraught with lies and disinformation or whatever reason, from profit to control.

I have to be my own doctor today, learning all of the problems with the official food pyramid and avoiding most medications, such as Statins and their harmful side effects. I still value my doctor, without whom I would be in severed trouble, but I check and re-check everything he tells me these days. I have to.

You can go right down the list of subjects/agencies such as the 'settled science' of man-made global warming. Everything has become politicized. I don't know where pure science exists anymore today in America.

Old 09-02-2023, 01:06 PM

1,149 posts, read 866,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Welcome to the club. GOOD FIND. Good post.

We were saying this all through Covid, that Big Medicine and the government agencies they purchased have been deeply corrupted and are fraught with lies and disinformation or whatever reason, from profit to control.

I have to be my own doctor today, learning all of the problems with the official food pyramid and avoiding most medications, such as Statins and their harmful side effects. I still value my doctor, without whom I would be in severed trouble, but I check and re-check everything he tells me these days. I have to.

You can go right down the list of subjects/agencies such as the 'settled science' of man-made global warming. Everything has become politicized. I don't know where pure science exists anymore today in America.
I don't know how to resolve your conflicting statements other than to say that you recheck your doctors advice by going to the internet and avoid big medicine and government agencies and rely on alternative facts posted without clinical studies.

There are expectations placed upon MD's and if your expectation is that one should not rely on regulatory agencies and control products and practices then conventional medicine might not be your cup of tea. There are plenty of naturopathic doctors, holistic doctors, functional doctors, homeopathic doctors, etc... out there.

A lot of people like to complain just to complain but they don't really mean it. I just don't see people having such a very high standard that they expect from MD's and then start embracing quacks because they don't like big medicine. COVID is a good example where conventional medicine identified the agent responsible and right off the bat the people invented pseudoscience by stating that the virus is a parasite and so any medicine to treat parasites should work and we don't need vaccines.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:00 PM

350 posts, read 197,849 times
Gee, if you didn't know better, you might think it's political.

Just be glad we got rid of mean Tweets and were able to keep our apathtic fearful sheep under control.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:08 PM

350 posts, read 197,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
I don't know how to resolve your conflicting statements other than to say that you recheck your doctors advice by going to the internet and avoid big medicine and government agencies and rely on alternative facts posted without clinical studies.

There are expectations placed upon MD's and if your expectation is that one should not rely on regulatory agencies and control products and practices then conventional medicine might not be your cup of tea. There are plenty of naturopathic doctors, holistic doctors, functional doctors, homeopathic doctors, etc... out there.

A lot of people like to complain just to complain but they don't really mean it. I just don't see people having such a very high standard that they expect from MD's and then start embracing quacks because they don't like big medicine. COVID is a good example where conventional medicine identified the agent responsible and right off the bat the people invented pseudoscience by stating that the virus is a parasite and so any medicine to treat parasites should work and we don't need vaccines.
Not sure what all this is about.

And are you REALLY trying to start a political debate on Covid B.S. By HYPERBOLE.

NOBODY SAID "WE DON"T NEED VACCINES" they BELIEVED the corrupt medical community when they said they COULD MAKE ONE.

Or maybe you didn't notice how many took it and now you're acting like MILLIONS boycotted and took "ANIMAL DRUGS".

(which didn't HAPPEN but "the political" folks LOVE to say it^^)

Federal appeals court revives lawsuit against FDA over COVID-19 ivermectin messaging

NOBODY is more "anti-"big"medicine" than the famous Lifestyle Medicine Dr. Joel Furhman who actually WAS my doctor before he moved to CA. or others like Dr. Esselstyn (see Bill Clinton testimonial)

His beliefs are:

You only need doctors if you're sick and even then STOP taking so many drugs
Stop taking amped up vitamins that do more damage than help
Food is thy medicine.
NO OIL, NO SALT, NO SUGARS.

And every sentence out of his mouth in his 23 bestselling books is backed up by irrrefutable studies. And ONLY legit studies.

Like the China study.

Makes no difference, PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE CONTROL OF THEIR LIVES, THEY WANT A MAGIC PILL SO THEY CAN kEEP EATING CRAP, DRINKING AND "PARTYING".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness