Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I got circumcised at the age of 12 because it's a family tradition.
That's when I "became a man". No more crying. No more sucking up to mom. No more playing with kids. More responsibility. More expectation. More liability.

It sucked.
Ow thats old to have it done. Just like having your tonsuls removed it's a preventative measure. If it saves 5% of men from having problems down the road its worth it in many parents eyes.

The people who blow it out of proportion or call it mutilation and say it is like female circumcision should consult with those men who have been circumcized. Ive never known of one man who has had a problem being circumcized as a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,100,245 times
Slice that thing!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
im uncut, and i'm glad,the extra skin keeps me warm in the winter

Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,885 times
I think people should circumsize if they have a boy.
Uncircumsized ones just look so weird and gross!
I can't see myself getting physical with a guy who isn't circumsized- yuck!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
yikes, this should be very very low on your list of concerns.

I'm pro circumcision because of the health benefits. For one, it greatly decreases his chances of catching and spreading venereal diseases such as HIV. Second, it decreases the risk of childhood infection. Though some claim the foreskin requires no special extra attention (and many may get away with this just fine) a pediatrician friend sees excessively frequent penile infections because of poorly cared for foreskin. Third, and not a major concern, but I did have a boyfriend who suffered from phimosis so he had to have a circumcision as a teenager which is a riskier, more painful, and more expensive procedure than when performed on an infant. He would have been much happier if his parents had circumcised him as a baby.

Uncircumcised men can live totally normal, healthy lives, but there are far too many stupid people to bank on that.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Slice that thing!
That maybe the way its done on an infant but its a much more complex procedure for adults,takes about 45 minutes to complete the operation.
Some as they get older develop problems whereby the procedure has to be undertaken,theres no choice in the matter.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM

88 posts, read 270,725 times
I'm cut, my son will not be. I don't harbor any bad feelings about it, I just think it should be a choice.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 PM

107 posts, read 249,602 times
If my sons wish to be circumcised then they can make that decision on their own. It's not mine to make. The statistics done on HPV or HIV and foreskin throw the odds higher with the foreskin in place because of worldwide statistics. Most of the population has a foreskin so therefore most of the HPV and HIV cases will reflect that, especially in South Africa where HIV is prevalent and circumcision is not a common practice.

And for those men who want it done for their sons because "they are circumcised", what does that have to do with anything? Why does your child need a twin penis of your own and how often is your child going to see your penis anyway? And if he does, what's wrong with telling him the truth?

There are also medical risk associated with infant circumcision and a baby can bleed to death.

Give the male in your family his own rights to his genitalia.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM

107 posts, read 249,602 times
Quote:
Wow, you do realize that vulvas come in all shapes and sizes too, don't you? What if someone thought yours looked weird and gross? It's not an uncommon thought to dislike or not give preference to something you're not familiar with, but to call a piece of natural human anatomy "weird and gross" is something you might ought to work out.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,747 times
Quote:
Nominated for Worst Post EVAR.

I prefer uncircumcised. Besides the fact that you are removing what develops into a great deal of sensitive tissue, it feels much, much better to me (as a woman.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness