Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:10 AM

973 posts, read 3,306,297 times

Advertisements

I get them occasionally and I take Cranactin, drink lots of water and I pop some of my "BOIRON Cantharis" tablets. BOIRON is a company that makes homeopathic remedies and they make a entire series for various ailments. Check with your local health food store to see if they carry the product line. The pills are TINY and you actually place a few under your tongue. The container they come in is the size of a tube of lipstick.

If you get bladder infections frequently, consider what kind of food and beverages you take in that might contribute to them. I used to drink a LOT of soda and when I cut back, I had fewer infections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 02:28 PM

303 posts, read 1,387,090 times
Wow.. I'm kind of surprised that this thread got a little heated.

JenLee- My doctor who treated my last bladder infection gave me a refill of Amoxicillien incase I got another one. Like another poster pointed out, I could not afford right now to go to the doctor for this, so keep your attitude!! I was NOT looking for treatment on this forum but rather suggestions and storys from other women.

Ino- thanks for your support!!!

DreamWeavin- I'm exactly in your shoes. I do the best I can now that I no longer have medical insurance.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,500,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post

JenLee- My doctor who treated my last bladder infection gave me a refill of Amoxicillien incase I got another one. Like another poster pointed out, I could not afford right now to go to the doctor for this, so keep your attitude!! I was NOT looking for treatment on this forum but rather suggestions and storys from other women.

Ino- thanks for your support!!!

DreamWeavin- I'm exactly in your shoes. I do the best I can now that I no longer have medical insurance.
Meant no disrespect to anyone and also realise full well this is not my place here among you, but had to say what works for the wife and her friend, and is OTC, 100% effective and cheap if you produce it yourself. I would be lying if I said otherwise. Thanks anyway. Hoo Roo.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Meant no disrespect to anyone and also realise full well this is not my place here among you, but had to say what works for the wife and her friend, and is OTC, 100% effective and cheap if you produce it yourself. I would be lying if I said otherwise. Thanks anyway. Hoo Roo.
Thank you very much for sharing your info/story with me. Regardless of what others have said here, I'm the OP and thats exactly what I was asking for! So again, thank you.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,572,209 times
Goodness, I kind of skipped over some of the heated posts so I do apologize if this is reputition.

1. Not only can bathing cause urinary tract infections but the type of bubble bath or soap can also contribute. A friend of mine's daughter kept getting these bladder infections until they finally realized that something in her bubble bath and/or soap was causing them. They switched to an all natural, fragrance and color free soap/bubble bath and she has been fine ever since. Now I don't understand the science behind it but it was her doctor that suggested it.

2. Please make sure you finish all your antibiotics, and I have no idea what the standard one is for bladder infections, as prescribed even if you feel better. If you don't you are just leaving some bacteria in your system to eventually multiply until you feel discomfort again. Might take a few months but it will happen.

3. Some other tips are definately to drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Also a big tip that really seems to help alot of people is to always pee immediately after sex. No douching, wipe front to back, etc. These are all things you probably know but I just want to be sure.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 PM

638 posts, read 3,125,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post

I wasn't giving you attitude, I was trying to give you some common sense advice. As I said in my first post here:
Quote:
Amoxicillin isn't normally *the* drug of choice for bladder infections; so unless this is the drug that your doctor wants you to have for bladder infections, you shouldn't be taking it.
From the sounds of what you just posted here, your doctor DID think that that is the drug that works for your urinary infections. That wasn't clear in your previous posts.

Uristat relieves the pain of urinary tract infections, it doesn't CURE it. Here is the website URISTAT® Can Help (http://www.uristat.com/help.htm - broken link) and right under the picture it says:
Quote:
*URISTAT® will not cure a urinary tract infection. You still need to see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
As I said in a previous post, my last UTI caused some kidney damage. I didn't post that I ended up in the hospital with a $30,000 bill from that; but that is also the truth. I am a diabetic and as such am a bit more prone to infections than a "normal healthy" person.

I thought I could give some general advice that would be helpful here, but I guess that isn't what you want. "Suggestions" may or may not help; "stories" won't.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,173,055 times
excellent advice!! I would even go as far as saying NO BATHS-only showers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Goodness, I kind of skipped over some of the heated posts so I do apologize if this is reputition.

1. Not only can bathing cause urinary tract infections but the type of bubble bath or soap can also contribute. A friend of mine's daughter kept getting these bladder infections until they finally realized that something in her bubble bath and/or soap was causing them. They switched to an all natural, fragrance and color free soap/bubble bath and she has been fine ever since. Now I don't understand the science behind it but it was her doctor that suggested it.

2. Please make sure you finish all your antibiotics, and I have no idea what the standard one is for bladder infections, as prescribed even if you feel better. If you don't you are just leaving some bacteria in your system to eventually multiply until you feel discomfort again. Might take a few months but it will happen.

3. Some other tips are definately to drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Also a big tip that really seems to help alot of people is to always pee immediately after sex. No douching, wipe front to back, etc. These are all things you probably know but I just want to be sure.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,960,417 times
Lets keep this thread on track. We dont need the name calling and being aurgumentitive, what does that ever accomplish? Except making the person calling the names look foolish. Keep it on track or it will be closed.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,500,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

[keep this thread on track.]

[dont need the name calling and being aurgumentitive]

[look foolish.]

[Keep it on track or it will be closed.]
1)...I don't see any evidence of where this thread has got off track?

2)...I don't see any evidence of 'name calling', or being 'argumentative' either? Unless healthy discussion can be misconstrued as 'argumentative'.

3)...You don't have to threaten the entire group here, if you consider your intervention was required, then weild the big stick on me, not the entire group and remove me from the membership, don't threaten penalty on everyone else by the closure of what I consider has been a 'healthy discussion and/or debate'. After all, isn't that the whole point of mediums such as this, people having the freedom to ask and/or receive/exchange advice/comment/debate/discussion etc on any particular topic/issue?

If any rules have been contravened here then I couldn't participate further anyway knowing that I need to have a copy of them sitting next to me before saying anything on here.

Perhaps my skin is a little tougher which is why I fail to see any of your comments worthy of inclusion in this thread.

Frankly, I was astonished to read remarks of the ilk you posted appear here!!

After my removal from this site I would like to think you will come back here and make the appropriate apology to those who may have taken offence to your remarks...as I have!!

I believe if anyone was being abusive/argumenative/name calling etc as you suggest, someone else would step in and steer the discussion back on course anyway, after all, I assume they are all intelligent women here. In all groups there will always be one who recognises some intervention may be required for the betterment of the entire group, but please allow that process to become more evident before wielding the big stick.

Obviously I will not be welcome back after this post so when I am gone perhaps you could give it some thought and maybe come back and be honest by admitting who looks 'foolish' here.

Sorry if you find this offensive as no offence meant or intended, but felt compelled to reply as I believe you have effectively stiffled any further healthy conversation by your totally unecessary criticism...and threat. This is only my opinion of course.

In closing I would just like to say 'Thank You' for affording me the opportunity of participating as a member on your site, but must add that if I need to be looking over my shoulder before typing every word then I feel my freedom to participate in an intelligent and mature manner have been restricted to a point where there...'is no point'.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
I wasn't giving you attitude, I was trying to give you some common sense advice. As I said in my first post here:

From the sounds of what you just posted here, your doctor DID think that that is the drug that works for your urinary infections. That wasn't clear in your previous posts.

Uristat relieves the pain of urinary tract infections, it doesn't CURE it. Here is the website URISTAT® Can Help (http://www.uristat.com/help.htm - broken link) and right under the picture it says:

As I said in a previous post, my last UTI caused some kidney damage. I didn't post that I ended up in the hospital with a $30,000 bill from that; but that is also the truth. I am a diabetic and as such am a bit more prone to infections than a "normal healthy" person.

I thought I could give some general advice that would be helpful here, but I guess that isn't what you want. "Suggestions" may or may not help; "stories" won't.
You reak of attitude but of coarse those with attitude never think they do. It was never my intention to post my entire situation (IE. what type of anitibotics my doctor thinks I should have). YOU are missing the entire point of my post and no longer need to speak on the subject. I wanted other ladies (and men speaking on behalf of them) not someone to just tell me to go to the doctor. If I would, I could, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness