Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times

Advertisements

I am having a bad day and feel like relapsing!! You would think after so many years clean that this would not happen however addiction is patient!! The mental urge comes out of nowhere and it sucks. I dont know what has caused this a combination of things. I will stay sober but I feel alittle down today and weak. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,498 times
Stay strong!

Could be anything that brings the urges on sometimes, certain smells, hearing an old song, visiting old memories.

I have a sister experiencing the same good and bad days. Maybe do something out of the ordinary to try and take your mind off? Something kind of fun that you enjoy?

Or think of all the positives in your life and how well you've done so far in your struggle?

Because you really have and should be so proud of yourself! Hang in there.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
AA is a tremendous program get help.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM

thanks yes I have been clean for 12 years however today just seems like a bad day. Your support means alot. I dont know why I feel this way, I will get thru it have alot of people to talk too, Just feeling alittle down and I want to get high. I wont but it helps me to say I am angry, mad, pissed off and sad. Funny tommorrow I will wake up and not have this urge, you never know.

ThANKS AGAIN!!! I WILL GET THRU TODAY

Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks yes I have been clean for 12 years however today just seems like a bad day. Your support means alot. I dont know why I feel this way, I will get thru it have alot of people to talk too, Just feeling alittle down and I want to get high. I wont but it helps me to say I am angry, mad, pissed off and sad. Funny tommorrow I will wake up and not have this urge, you never know.

ThANKS AGAIN!!! I WILL GET THRU TODAY
Just remember it takes a strong man to overcome urges and a weak man to give into them......which are you?

Old 09-19-2008, 02:13 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Stevemorse BE STRONG!! take your right hand, reach across your left shoulder and rest your hand there...... now take your left hand and reach across your right shoulder and rest that hand there...now squeeze for all your are worth.then let go and say I LOVE ME And I AM WORTH IT!

Now you have given yourself a big ole hug

cheer up and get some M & M's and eat them all for yourself!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,498 times
Great advice crazyma!

12 years! You have been strong!

So sorry that you still have difficult days here and there. Guess somewhere down deep, the body and mind still remember and want to reach out again.

Like you said, you've been there before and made it through. Come in and vent whenever you like. Hope it helps some.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Steve - get on the phone and call up your friends, your family, anybody to distract you from a relapse. Get out of the house - go for a drive, a jog, a hike, go to the gym - get out and do something that will keep your mind off having a drink or whatever it is you are struggling with. Good luck!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:53 PM

im over it! Thanks but yeah 12 years and they are still there. Not too often but they do come. Funny a few days ago I saw in a convience store, a glass pipe and the chore boy right next to it on the counter. Now its Friday and that was my party night with the coupling of the pipe and chore boy and bang!! Its almost like if it was Thursday I would not have had the urge. It never goes away 100 percent. I smoke crack from 18 to 30 years old, I am now 42 and have been sober 12 but it definately comes on at times. Thanks for all the advise, I think just getting it out and actually typing and saying my emotions really help. Yeah I call friends but they have heard this and I never relapse so they really dont take me serious. I mean after 12 years the urges are definately less, I mean one maybe every six months. BUt people have relapsed even longer than 12 years amount of time. I made it, I am starting to cook dinner and not the pipe thanks!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Next time it happens, go straight out the door and take a walk, a brisk one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness