Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
GuyNTexas,

Where does it say that they are putting squalene into the vaccine? I did look at the article but saw no reference to H1n1. Also, I wouldn't go get the shot at a Walmart - rather dispensed by a real nurse.
Million TIMES More Squalene In H1N1 Vax Than Caused GWI !! « Les dessous de l’information mondiale-Downside World News

A case against the H1N1 swine flu vaccine (Part 1) (http://www.examiner.com/x-19331-Las-Vegas-Diet-and-Exercise-Examiner~y2009m8d26-A-case-against-the-H1N1-swine-flu-vaccine-Part-1 - broken link)

http://juicetom.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/squalene-the-swine-flu-vaccine’s-dirty-little-secret-exposed-by-dr-mercola/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
If you are a person with no underlying health issues I agree with you.

Otherwise, I do not.
If I might butt in and add, you, a person with underlying health issues should be the first to act with extreme caution here. Your immune system is ill equipped to deal with the additional stress of these poisons.

What have the the experts done for you and your conditions? Whatever is troubling you and causing these health issues is not a VACCINE DEFICIENCY.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,449,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Million TIMES More Squalene In H1N1 Vax Than Caused GWI !! « Les dessous de l’information mondiale-Downside World News

A case against the H1N1 swine flu vaccine (Part 1) (http://www.examiner.com/x-19331-Las-Vegas-Diet-and-Exercise-Examiner~y2009m8d26-A-case-against-the-H1N1-swine-flu-vaccine-Part-1 - broken link)

http://juicetom.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/squalene-the-swine-flu-vaccine’s-dirty-little-secret-exposed-by-dr-mercola/ (broken link)
Well, your first reference comes from Rense, so that goes. Your third isn't much better. Your second - I'll have to go back and reread it. All in all, these sites smack of the conspiracy thinking that is out there.

For the most recent and well-balanced perspective, I refer you to this...

Science-Based Medicine » H1N1 Update

Old 10-15-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
If I might butt in and add, you, a person with underlying health issues should be the first to act with extreme caution here. Your immune system is ill equipped to deal with the additional stress of these poisons.

What have the the experts done for you and your conditions? Whatever is troubling you and causing these health issues is not a VACCINE DEFICIENCY.
Unless this virus is different (aside from strain) itself, I've chosen to be vaccinated for the past 25 years without incident. But thanks for butting in!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 AM

One other thing, maybe it would be a good idea to start another thread on the safety of the vaccine? This one has sort of gone off track.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:27 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
Yes, the flu is an annual event. The strains of virus each year are somewhat related to the viruses of other years. In this sense, some have immunity based on other vaccines they've received in previous years - to THOSE viruses. This strain is novel - never before. Therefore, certain populations (well, all - unless one is 65 or older) have no immunity. Now, for those who have no underlying health issues, ok. I concede. Those are the people who perhaps have time to sit and ponder on this all. For those who do have problems that would lead to complications, they don't have this time. - the clock IS ticking for them. Therefore, it's important this vaccine gets rolled out ASAP. I for one am willing to risk it as I know the consequences if I don't take it. Someone else might not be comfortable with that risk. Fine, said people don't have to take it.

I'm am for mandating this for all health care personnel and yet I know this a hot debate for all concerned. The argument has been made that if someone refuses the vaccine he or she should not be a nurse. I guess I agree with this.

Also, I know you are anti-vaccine from your other posts, but I can only say I've been religious about getting flu vaccines for 25 years now and never have I had any negative outcomes. I am just glad the vaccines are available.
I want to know in what world you wuld feel like it should be mandated for anyone to have poison injected into their body? I am a Nurse Practitioner and I refuse to take it or any other vaccine. I have been exposed so many times that if I were going to get it I would have. I think the Risk of the vaccine far out weigh the risk of the Flu. If you allow the government to fear you into mandating vaccines, you are opening a door you don't want to I assure you. 36,000 people die each yr from the flu. There have been 492 deaths so far...how is that an epidemic?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 PM

830 posts, read 2,712,056 times
I had the FluMist this year... never had a flu shot before. I generally prefer to let my immune system take care of things that won't kill me, like the flu, but decided this year to try it out. My employer paid the $7.

I had some congestion and sinus stuffiness in the days following it, but I'm allergic to cats and have a houseful of them and most days I have those symptoms so can't say that it was the FluMist.

Here we are a month later and other people at work are going down with the flu. I haven't yet, knock on wood. And all of us vaccinated ones marched through shedding our live-vaccine-induced virus (if that's even true) quite some time ago. I doubt our shedding was responsible for the current cases. It'll be interesting when everyone gets back to see who were the ones who got the vaccine and who were the ones who didn't.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I want to know in what world you wuld feel like it should be mandated for anyone to have poison injected into their body? I am a Nurse Practitioner and I refuse to take it or any other vaccine. I have been exposed so many times that if I were going to get it I would have. I think the Risk of the vaccine far out weigh the risk of the Flu. If you allow the government to fear you into mandating vaccines, you are opening a door you don't want to I assure you. 36,000 people die each yr from the flu. There have been 492 deaths so far...how is that an epidemic?
See? This is what I mean. You went into this line of work to take care of others, right? You are only thinking of YOU here. You can still be a carrier even if you don't develop symptoms, right? What about the patients you take care of whose immune system is not as strong as yours?

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
See? This is what I mean. You went into this line of work to take care of others, right? You are only thinking of YOU here. You can still be a carrier even if you don't develop symptoms, right? What about the patients you take care of whose immune system is not as strong as yours?
No I went into this line of work for the money! And because I always found medicine an easy read. The added benefit of helping people is alsi rewarding. You have absolutely no Idea what your talking about. I work in the Er. My hospital has had three cases. You can be a carrier for millions of things without transmitting them to anyone. Forcing Healthcare professionals to recieve this vaccine is an invasion of my human rights. What if I said everyone on welfare should shave to be drug tested and recieve a birth control shot to recieve a check. See how that makes you sound? I don't get sick, I can not remember the last time I was sick. You need to stop listening to people like Rush and wake up to the real world. Let's for example say that the government forced all healthcare workers to inject this poison into themselves, half would refuse and who would take care of the sick then? The other half might take it but lets say in a year they find out it causes cancer or alzheimers then there's the biggest class action lawsiut of all times, not to mention that you jusst had a hand in killing half the healthcare workers so who's going to take care of the sick. Once again H1N1 deaths so far 492 , people who die every year from the flu 36,000. Where's the epidemic here? You go right ahead and inject this poison into you if you wish, I refuse! Stop letting this false fear drive your insanity!

Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
No I went into this line of work for the money! And because I always found medicine an easy read. The added benefit of helping people is alsi rewarding. You have absolutely no Idea what your talking about. I work in the Er. My hospital has had three cases. You can be a carrier for millions of things without transmitting them to anyone. Forcing Healthcare professionals to recieve this vaccine is an invasion of my human rights. What if I said everyone on welfare should shave to be drug tested and recieve a birth control shot to recieve a check.
Believe it or not, I would not be opposed to that. I see nothing wrong with drug testing or making sure someone doesn't get pregnant while on the public dime.

Quote:
I don't get sick, I can not remember the last time I was sick. You need to stop listening to people like Rush and wake up to the real world. Let's for example say that the government forced all healthcare workers to inject this poison into themselves, half would refuse and who would take care of the sick then? The other half might take it but lets say in a year they find out it causes cancer or alzheimers then there's the biggest class action lawsiut of all times, not to mention that you jusst had a hand in killing half the healthcare workers so who's going to take care of the sick. Once again H1N1 deaths so far 492 , people who die every year from the flu 36,000. Where's the epidemic here? You go right ahead and inject this poison into you if you wish, I refuse! Stop letting this false fear drive your insanity!
Trust me, listening to Rush is the furthest from what I do. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I am glad to hear that you are not concerned with this pandemic though. Perhaps I am overreacting. I guess it's because of the severity of some cases and the fact I'm in a high risk group. Therefore, I exempt you from this shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness