Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM

212 posts, read 822,037 times

Advertisements

what should I expect from triger finger surgery in your thumb and what is the recooperation period. I am an accountant right handed and it is my right thumb. Will I be able to back to work after 3 days. What has your experience with finger surgery been
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Your thumb will be a little sore and you will probably still have stitches in, usually about a week post op, but you should be able to return to work after 3 days yes.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,321 times
Have you tried any cortisone injections? Hurts like crazy, but it stopped my left thumb's trigger finger for a good six or seven months. Unfortunately, it has come back again. I haven't gone back to the hand surgeon again, but it's good to know about the surgery because I'm sure that's where I'm headed.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 AM

498 posts, read 1,520,523 times
Smile Unite

Hi, yes, I also have trigger finger. Mine is my right hand and my pointer,middle and ring fingers. They used to lock up all the time. All at the same time. Talk about painful. I would wake up at night sitting up because the pain would run clear up my arm and into my neck. It was horrible. I have tendonitis is both hands. I used to work in a meat packing co. with motorized knives. But, here recently, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well. I believe I have had the Fibro for all of my life, but I am just now finding out about it. IT seems to make a persons body weak in a lot of different areas all the time.

The only way I have found to stop the insachable pain was to stretch my fingers in as hot as water as I could stand for 15 min. then running cold water over them for 15 min., at least twice or 3 times. Then do not use them or put any kind of pressure on them any chance you get. It took about a year before I was able to feel all of my fingers again. I have many problems with them today, as far as working right.

Yours sounds minimal though, so you should be alright. Just follow doctors orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness