Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 04:04 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

I'm hesitant to post here because I dont want to appear to be offering medical advice or suggesting anything that might physically hurt someone. I have sciatica and suffered severe back/leg pain for years. I read about the Back2Life machine last year and, although I've bought many other back-pain-relief devices that didnt work, I decided to try it. Below is a link with a video showing how it works. I bought mine for a lot less $$$ on an internet auction site. It worked so well that I bought another one, also on the internet auction site, for my daughter. I started out using it twice a day and now use it once or twice a week. I have no more back/leg pain at all.

Back2Life - 12 Minute Back Pain Solution!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
If you have had sciatica before, and you know that you are having it now, a chiropractor will really help. I have had this and had extreme improvement in only one visit.
People need to make sure they are medically able to see a chiropractor before going.

You need to see if you have back problems to begin with; I know 2 people, one in their 70's the other in their 80's both have more problems now then before going.

The one in their 70's had a bad cervical spine as well as hips and didn't know it. Getting manipulated made the spine worst, they wear a collar now for the last few years and don't go out much.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,212,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I started with a cold and had a bad cough. I believe it affected my back. I have a history of Sciatica and it makes me immobile. I put Ben Gay on my back and feels good. My wife got the generic from Walgreens for Ben Gay, but it doesn't seem to work as well. Any suggestions, I am taking a muscle relaxer and advil also.
I use to suffer from sciatica all the time. Sometimes it would be so bad that I couldn't continue with the activities I really enjoyed such as gardening. What I'm going to suggest will save you a lot of money and heartache. I've suggested it on the health forum often- try Ester-C. It has completely eliminated by sciatica nerve problems! Here's why:

Ester-C is a whole food supplement..... it absorbs in your system better. Ester-C contains bioflavinoids which have anti-inflammatory properties; this is what stops the pain from occurring. How do I know this? When I stop taking the Ester-C the pain comes back! As soon as I get back on my regular dosage, the pain goes away! Originally I began taking Ester-C to eliminate my allergies-same kind of concept-the product helped eliminate inflammation of the bronchial tubes and strengthened my immune system. So not only does it stop my sciatica nerve, it also curbs my allergies. Sounds crazy, I know, but I'm telling you it works! The beauty of it is,......you don't have to get a subscription, you don't have to go to the doctor, and it's affordable. I get mine at Costco for about $14 for 300 tablets, 500mg.

I've been taking it for over a year now. Currently I take somewhere between 5,000 and 6,000mg a day. So basically I take two, 500mg tablets with each meal and then one more before I go to bed. Each person will be different as to what they need. I would suggest starting out with a 1000mg a day and work your way up to 3,000mg a day and see how you do. It may give you the runs at first, if that happens, back off a bit and let your body get use to it before you increase. Maybe do a 1000mg a day the first week, 2000mg a day the second and then up to 3000mg. The older you are the more you should take. This is a natural product, there are no side effects. Do drink a fair amount of water so you get proper absorption. Give it a couple of months and see how it works for you. It might take time to build up in your system.

One thing to note, if you become sick you might find your sciatica returning... I finally figured out that my body was using the Ester-C to fight off the sickness and not help with the sciatica nerve, so when I kicked up my Ester-C the pain went away. Amazing! I wish I would have discovered this product long ago. I've done the chiropractor thing, the stretches, the walking, etc and nothing has worked as well as Ester-C. This is the exact product I'm using:

Ester-C®

There are other "ester-C" products out there, but I can't make claims to them as I've only used the particular brand above. It's done such a dynamite job that I've never felt the need to try anything different. There could be something that's even better, but I'll let you discover that for yourself. This will hopefully give you a stepping stone to try.

Once I understood why the product worked, it made perfect sense as to why it helped with other ailments. A lot of diseases begin with inflammation....so when you get a product that contains bioflavinoids that stop the inflammation, it can prevent the problem!

I hope this works for you, please post to let me know. It's so basic that I don't think posters take me seriously.

Just a side note, I don't work for the company of Ester-C, nor does anyone I know, so there's no monetary benefit in this for me suggesting this product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness