Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Relatively HIGH risk? I thought is was on the lower side...I am having my removed on Thursday!
I thought it was lower risk as well. I am having mine out on 5/21 and thought it was relatively easy. I want it out even if the risk is higher than I thought because I don't want to keep going through that g*d awful pain anymore. I was ready to tell my husband to go McGyver on it and take it out himself last time it happened.

If anyone who has had it done would like to share what it was like (recovery etc) I would greatly appreciate it.

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
Here's an update I got from my sister.

They did another surgery today to clean out bile from his organs. His intestines were inflamed. He may have to have more of these surgeries. I mean basically he had the gallbladder surgery, the bile duct was knicked and bile went throughout his body and into his organs.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
I can tell you one thing.If he wasn't taking prescriptions that caused it it was is diet. What was that like? Too bad he allowed it to get so bad. He could have sought the advice of a Naturopathic doctor ; changed his lifestyle and taken some natural medicines to help him expedite the healing and avoided this surgery. When he returns home, it would behoove him to seek one out to help him with his healing.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I can tell you one thing.If he wasn't taking prescriptions that caused it it was is diet. What was that like? Too bad he allowed it to get so bad. He could have sought the advice of a Naturopathic doctor ; changed his lifestyle and taken some natural medicines to help him expedite the healing and avoided this surgery. When he returns home, it would behoove him to seek one out to help him with his healing.
Nothing that he did caused it, and I think is wrong to blame him for something that we don't know if it was because of his behavior.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,316,669 times
Jill...I will let you know how mine goes tomorrow. I actually have a low grade fever but I guess they will move forward as long as it stays below 101 or something like that.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Jill...I will let you know how mine goes tomorrow. I actually have a low grade fever but I guess they will move forward as long as it stays below 101 or something like that.

THANK YOU!!!! I hope your fever goes down or at least stays low enough to do the surgery. Even though I am nervous, I don't want ANY delays. I want to eat again!!!

Good luck with your surgery and may your family treat you like a queen for several days while you recover!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
Well here's an update: He had dialysis for 5 hours yesterday and a blood transfusion. He is conscious but on serious pain medications. He can respond with a nod to questions but because of the trach. he can't verbally respond. The doctor said he is like a bird's nest-the doctor is building him back up one twig at at time.

We are hopeful.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,316,669 times
Boil...Glad to hear everyone is hopeful!

Jill-I had my surgery yesterday and all in all it went fine. I have a cold so coughing hurts...The one thing I will say is to make sure yu stay medicated. I felt decent last night so I didn't take a pain pill, just something to make me sleep-big mistake! I woke up at 3am thinking I was having a heart attack the pain was so bad under my chest. I took a vicoden and then I felt better about 45 minutes later. But it was scary. I had my surgery at 2pm and was out at 6pm...which is longer than usual...I just have a hard time waking up from that stuff.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it isn't that bad. The pain sucks...If you ever had a c-section you can compare it to that.
Good luck!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Boil...Glad to hear everyone is hopeful!

Jill-I had my surgery yesterday and all in all it went fine. I have a cold so coughing hurts...The one thing I will say is to make sure yu stay medicated. I felt decent last night so I didn't take a pain pill, just something to make me sleep-big mistake! I woke up at 3am thinking I was having a heart attack the pain was so bad under my chest. I took a vicoden and then I felt better about 45 minutes later. But it was scary. I had my surgery at 2pm and was out at 6pm...which is longer than usual...I just have a hard time waking up from that stuff.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it isn't that bad. The pain sucks...If you ever had a c-section you can compare it to that.
Good luck!
Thank you for the update! I am glad it went well and thanks for the pain med advice. I just spoke with the nurse for the pre-op interview and wish it was tomorrow rather than 6 days away. My surgery is at 845am so they think I will be ready to go home around 1230 provided there aren't any complications. I haven't had a c-section, only a tubal and I imagine this has to be much more painful than that. I had zero pain with that one. As long as I have some great pain pills, I am ready!

J

Old 05-15-2009, 05:12 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
My sister, my niece and my youngest daughter had theirs out and they did fine.........
They felt so much better then before suffering with those horrible attacks....
My sister had a huge stone, over a quarter size.......good gosh.
All of them feel great. It was surely worth it to get that done. They got well pretty fast.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness