Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM

914 posts, read 4,443,783 times

Advertisements

There is obviously more going on here, but the issues with breakthrough/extended bleeding could be because of going on and then off a new birth control (especially if it has a different level of hormones than her last) because it is often caused by fluctuating hormones. I had an issue where my period lasted for about two weeks and a half weeks (light bleeding). My doctor found it was because another medication I had been on was screwing with my birth control and my hormones were all over the place.

If the pain gets very bad you should take her to the ER. At least you are a little more likely to get some answers, and you then you (hopefully) will not have to worry that she has some major undiagnosed issue that is killing her while you look for a new gyno. And they can get any tests that she needs. This was actually advice given to me by a doctor when I had really bad phantom abdominal pain, but had not yet established a PCP and had no one to order me tests in a timely manner. (It can take so long to get a new patient appointment with some doctors!) I ended up following her advice one night when the pain was very bad, and I was glad it did. It was nice to be somewhere people were actively tying to figure out why I was in so much pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:00 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
It started with a cyst and an inflamed liver. She has stopped taking birth control for 3 months before this. Are cysts a form of withdrawal? She was disabled for 2 weeks because of the pain.

Anyway, the doctor gave her antibiotics and new type of birth control the inflammation went away, but the pain was still slightly there. Things were better for a couple months.... until she realized she hasn't had period for that period. Started by going off of it again or whatever you ladies do to start the period and she has light bleeding goes on for 2 weeks....and the pain returns.

What the hell! Someone help me figure out what is going on. I don't want someone to happen to my wife where she is disabled or worse, dead.
Where is the cyst? On her liver? Or in her reproductive organs?
Your post wasn't too clear.
There are many icky and annoying things that happen to women's reproductive organs during their child-bearing years, but few of them are disabling or life threatening. Most of them are more along the lines of "nuisance" problems.
Basically, if the word "cancer" hasn't been used, your wife's problem is almost undoubtedly not serious.
And if the doc thought her "cyst" might be malignant, it would've already been removed and biopsied.
Cysts/ polyps/ fibroids and other non-cancerous growths can develop in women's ovaries, on their cervixes, and in their uteruses. None of this is uncommon, and none of it is life-threatening.
Typically, doctors will not even bother to remove such growths unless they are causing annoying symptoms such as heavy bleeding, pain, or infertility.
Women's bodies are a mystery, even to women themselves.

But do keep in mind, the main reason your wife's gynecological problems are unlikely to be life-threatening is that doctors can easily remove all of her internal reproductive organs if need be, in a very common and safe procedure called a hysterectomy. Many women have this done, especially once their child-bearing years are over.
A woman doesn't need a uterus anymore, once she's done having babies. Nor does she need ovaries, once she reaches menopause and no longer ovulates.

I'm sure your wife will be fine. There are many gynocological problems that commonly afflict women, but very few of them are serious and none except cancer are even remotely life-threatening, as far as I know.
And if it was cancer, the doctor would have told you. He'd already be treating it.

So don't worry, be happy!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I'm confused how the liver has anything to do with her reproductive organs.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Even if we are doctor , we cant help you online, and can't diagnose online.
Well, people reach out to talk with others that might be able to guide, reassure, suggest, etc.
He's obviously a bit freaked out and worried for his woman.
Asking for support doesn't exclude them from seeking an m.d.
He's to be commended for asking for help on this forum on behalf of his wife.
Good luck O.P. and good health to your wife.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
Well........constant spotting/bleeding is indeed a sign of certain cancers, including cervical so I would be sure to get into another doctor a.s.a.p.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 PM

8 posts, read 23,344 times
Could be she has candida ( yeast imbalance). Happened to me due to some mean antibiotics for H pylori. Went on a yeast cleanse, still watch my diet,use probiotics, never had pain again, It was intestinal, but yeast can lodge in any part of our bodies after antibiotic treatment. you habe to rebalance . Clue it went away and it came back. Antibiotics killed all bacteria, good and bad. Bad reproduces faster.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 23,344 times
Confused about the liver:
When we get too many toxins in our body, the lever gets tired, can't get rid of of all-ergo inflammation. It took me three months to get my enzymes to normal w/ out antibiotics. They made it worse( medically antibiotics considered micotoxins (See PDR of micotoxology.) Milk thistle extract is very safe and gentle, and will help support your liver, which is one organ that can really regenerate.if we get rid of the junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness