Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydS View Post
I've had this done several times and typically if it's small it will take a minimum of 2 weeks to heal. Now please understand this is only from my own experiences. I commend you on having this done as most folks are not aware of the possibility of having skin cancer.

I've been visiting my dermatologist on a regular basis for the past 5 years. Being 55 now, I worked outside when I was much younger for a number of years and it is now catching up with me. I just had Mohs surgery for squamous cell carcinoma about 6 weeks ago. It was caught very early due to my frequent exams. No pain and the scar is healing well.

Please continue your exams. The minor inconvience of a scab is nothing compaired to having a skin cancer that is to late to take action on.
I agree and that's why I get get checked. I go to the tanning salon every year, only a few visits and just to get a base tan. Then I go to the beach and pool throughout the summer, I wear sun block but as I'm getting older I can see more spots popping up. I hear about people all the time not getting checked and then it's too late. I don't want to be one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Stop the tanning salon. It doesn't help your skin one bit.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:42 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Stop the tanning salon. It doesn't help your skin one bit.
Yeah I know, I've been going for twenty years. I only go a few times at the beginning of the summer so I don't burn in the sun. I know it's bad, that's why I go get checked. I eat healthy and don't smoke, it's my one vice.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,963 times
I had 2 spots on my face froze off and now I have these nice white spots. How long does the white spots take to go away? Is there something that I can do to help go away quicker. They look funny.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,483 times
I just went to a dermatologist for the first time and had spots on my hand, arm and one on my leg. In addition he froze a line across my bottom lip. I did not ask why this was done on my lip. Would anyone have an answer?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:40 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerfields View Post
I just went to a dermatologist for the first time and had spots on my hand, arm and one on my leg. In addition he froze a line across my bottom lip. I did not ask why this was done on my lip. Would anyone have an answer?
Your doctor would have an answer. You should ask him, since he's the one who did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness