Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times

Advertisements

I was wondering yesterday, while doing yard work, what would be worse, a light beer or Bacardi Limon and Coke?
I do drink on occassion and was wondering what is more fattening or causes more water retention.

Thanks in advanced, theqbaby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 02:55 PM

453 posts, read 2,100,990 times
if it's a regular coke, then it would be worse. if it's diet, then a 1.5 oz shot of any unflavored liqueur will have around 100 calories and most light beers will have around 110.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
I was wondering yesterday, while doing yard work, what would be worse, a light beer or Bacardi Limon and Coke?
I do drink on occassion and was wondering what is more fattening or causes more water retention.

Thanks in advanced, theqbaby
hmmm a cold beer after doing yard work sounds tasty

I don't think I could have a cocktail while doing the yardwork lol I have enough trouble keeping the weedwacker and edger under control while sober . though I bet I would laugh as I chewed up the lawn
karla

Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
If you are out there doing yard work for several hours, whatever calories are in the drinks will be negligible. Anytime you do strenuous exercise of any sort, you burn calories for several hours after you stop working out. Pretty cool. So drink up.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 AM

Thanks so much guys !
I kinda thought that the rum and coke was worse. I don't dring "diet" anything, if I am going to have it, I want the real thing! And I drink Bacardi Limon, which is flavored, so probably worse.
Besides that, I think the beer goes better with yard work ! Easier to grab a bottle than mix a drink (I'd be stopping to frequently !) Alcohol wise.. I can handle the beer easier than the rum for yard work.
I seem to get a whole lot more done when I have a cold beer. Seems to make the work easier !? (or atleast less painful for the minute LOL)

Old 05-26-2007, 11:18 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Thanks so much guys !
I kinda thought that the rum and coke was worse. I don't dring "diet" anything, if I am going to have it, I want the real thing! And I drink Bacardi Limon, which is flavored, so probably worse.
Besides that, I think the beer goes better with yard work ! Easier to grab a bottle than mix a drink (I'd be stopping to frequently !) Alcohol wise.. I can handle the beer easier than the rum for yard work.
I seem to get a whole lot more done when I have a cold beer. Seems to make the work easier !? (or atleast less painful for the minute LOL)
yeah, but sometimes when you look at it the next day it's like .

Old 05-26-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
yeah, but sometimes when you look at it the next day it's like .
Well.. some of it is already , so no harm can be done !
It has made a wonderful turnaround already. I HAVE GRASS where I once only had leaves !
The majority is wooded almost like a park with trails running thru it.
THEN there is another acre we bought because it was a mess and needed cleaning (started that today). Well, our thoughts were that if we bought it, we would clean it. And if we didn't, we would wait to see when it was cleaned. Didn't really want to live next to a mess. So, now we have the fence up (furkids) deck and ramp should be done this weekend (again cause of furkids) and then the SHED !
LOL I might be moved in before its time to claim homestead (1/1/08.) O.K. I'm being a bit too hard on my love, I just want to BE there !

Thanks for all your replies ! No 's yet !

Old 05-26-2007, 11:47 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,495 times
I actually enjoy doing yard work with a mojito. I grow the mint leaves in my backyard. It makes it a little more enjoyable.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 AM

So far it seems to be working well ! Have gotten alot accomplished this weekend. Gonna back off the beer today, don't want to over do it and feel like crap the rest of the week.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,622 times
Just a thought.................. I think the caffiene in the Coke might counteract any calories from the mixed drink while the beer, with all that wheat, barley, hops and alcohol might just stay with you longer.......... unless you chase it with an esspresso.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness