Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times

Advertisements

Hemorrhoids spelled correctly can be a pain in the A** sometimes.

Sorry for the humor as I had the problem for yrs and finally had a Hemroidectomy which solved my problem...NO regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Hemorrhoids spelled correctly can be a pain in the A** sometimes.

Sorry for the humor as I had the problem for yrs and finally had a Hemroidectomy which solved my problem...NO regrets.

thanks professor ....hemorrhoids can indeed be a pain in the azz. So-do tell,please, how bad was the surgery and recovery time?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Has been a few yrs...about 4 days in the hospital....terrible pain until I suggested to the Pharmacy lady what would work for me. She came up with a comparable dosage and I felt better. Some pain meds do not work on me.

First time to the bathroom at home thought the world was coming to an end. (They warned me before I left the Hospital)

I am not a pill popper person so guess my ammune system works differently then most people.

Had mine done at the VA Hospital in SD....top notch people for us Vets.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

First time to the bathroom at home thought the world was coming to an end. (They warned me before I left the Hospital)
My Mom had it done back around '92. I was only 12 years old then, but I remember her screaming for the phone so she could call my aunt to come help her. She said that it was worse than giving birth.

Seems like they could keep it numbed long enough to get though the first couple of BM's.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
There are so many new types of treatments. Please do not put off going to a Doctor...you really need medical advice. It could be something that could be treated right then. My ex hubby had them at an age near yours. He worked a highly stressful and exertive job, he drove long hours often, probably ate more poorly away from home and drank quite a bit of beer. He used preparation H...but his were outside. The blood makes me a bit nervous for you. I strongly suggest a medical visit. Please do not let embarrassment, which really is just your issue, keep you from a proper diagnosis. Find out now, it may be too late if you wait too long and find out it is something else.
Also, to help control dietary issues, the old school way...eat sour kraut couple times a week. Good bacteria. There are other types, yogart, etc. Look up your symptoms WebMD - Better information. Better health.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Jason28 mentioned it earlier, but squatting is really the best answer after having the symptoms checked out at the doctors. I realise that squatting is free and does not help the pharmaceutical industry make any money AND it is somewhat inconvenient but it is the best way to go.

It has something to do with the angle of the rectum when sitting on the toilet. This constricts the free flow of things into the outside world and causes a constriction which in turn makes it necessary to strain against the constriction. This is what causes a piles problem.

Squatting is a natural pose and straightens the rectum so that whatever needs to come out has a uninterrupted passage. If you think about it, it is a better way, although it will be challenging for your muscles to begin with.

There are many different devices (naturesplatform is one and has good illustrated explanation) to help convert your sit-on to a squat-above but all of them as far as I can see, leave you perched at least 18 inches above the floor in a precarious position while your muscles are learning the new habit. How you deal with this is up to you and depends on how determined you are to conquer your piles.

However, assuming there is nothing more serious wrong with you, it IS the best way to overcome piles. In my opinion, medication or surgery is not really a long term solution which you should be considering, of course, it is up to you.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
^ Very well explained. And most people who sit don't even realize they're straining, because they've always done it.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
By the way, I just had a colonoscopy a month ago. Bleeding hemorrhoids don't mean that you have colon cancer! Everything was fine with me, except that I apparently have internal hemorrhoids as well as external. My doctor recommended Mira-Lax, so I've been taking that almost every night, and it has helped. Yes, I suffer from constipation, which of course, only makes the hemorrhoids worse!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 5,115 times
When it comes to treating hemorrhoids, the best cure is simply making some lifestyle changes. Changing your diet and lifestyle is certainly the best bet unless your blood vessels are affected by a strong genetic element. Here are some simple but effective tips on how to get rid of hemorrhoids:
- Follow a higher fiber diet: This is an effective hemorrhoid home remedy. Fiber foods, such as green leafy vegetables, flax seeds and whole grains among others, act as a natural laxative which enhance the bowel movements and protect you against bowel problems. Insufficient fiber intake can cause hemorrhoids, as the digestive system will face difficulties in cleaning itself up after meals.
- Drink sufficient water: Drink six to eight glasses of cold water every day. Proper hydration plays an integral part in having better bowel movements.
- Exercise: Walking every morning is an effective exercise that allows easier passages of the bowel movements. If you also know some yoga exercises, practice them because it assists in bowel movements. Severe constipation problems can be treated by yoga exercises. However, avoid doing heavy exercises, such as heavy weightlifting, which exert pressure on the abdominal part.
- Herbal Remedies: Chamomile, plantago montana psyllium, horse chestnut are some of the popular herbal remedies for hemorrhoid. Make a thick paste of goldenseal root, myrrh, bayberry, white oak and almond oil or olive oil. Apply this paste on the infected part to relieve the burning sensation and pain. Other herbal remedies for curing hemorrhoids include chamomile tea, horse chestnut, witch hazel and triphala among others.
- Take fiber supplements: If you can't change your diet by eating foods rich in fiber, buy fiber supplements to supply your body with fiber. Remember to take them daily.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,107 times
I tried fiber, stool softeners, walking, adequate water, cutting out coffee, processed foods, etc., but it did not work. Those things alleviated the hemorrhoids somewhat, but never eliminated them.

The only way I got rid of my rrhoids (after more than 20 years) was with probiotics. I take Clostridium butyricum twice a day. Just to be on the safe side, I also eat a lot of kimchi, miso and yogurt, but it's the C. butyricum that solved my hemorrhoids.

I think Western medicine is behind in this field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness