Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
Like I said, I looked into all the birth control methods.IUD, pills, patch, shots, etc. I don't want the IUD because there is a possibility that it can become displaced, and people have said that their partner could feel it during sex. I just don't feel like going through a procedure to end up not liking it. My sister had the implanon but she stopped because she was having lots of irregular bleeding. Not going to sit here and explain all my reasons, but like I said there was no method I am willing to use. And no, sterilization is not an option for either one of us. Can vasectomy's really be reversed? I'll look into that too. Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?
If you're not willing to use contraception, what's the point of the thread?

In some cases, a vasectomy can be reversed but I wouldn't be placing any bets on it.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/c...my-be-reversed

If he's not willing to wear a condom or get sterilized and you're not willing to get on pills, try an IUD, get sterilization, etc. then expect a baby. You can lead a horse to water: Birth Control - Planned Parenthood but you can't make it drink.

Best of luck......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
So right now I guess it's condoms...hubby says. But really I don't know if he will actually be willing to wear one. We both don't like them. Has anyone used the Trojan Ecstasy condoms? Do they really feel like nothing is there? If so that will definitely be a possibility.
I know a woman who made condoms the only form of birth control. It took her too long to notice that he had lost interest in having sex with her. Now she is divorced. YMMV. Since you have children already a vasectomy could have been a possibility but you ruled it out. Still some states put you through a real set of hoops to get one, even if you do have children. The complete lack of progress in birth control technology since the invention of the pill is pretty scary. It seems I have more empathy for women and their bodies than they do for ours. No woman I have ever known has been willing to use ANY form of birth control. They can all tell you the dangers of every method available to them. For the most part, I agree. Subcutaneous implants and Oral Contraceptives are made with equine progestins and estriols. Doesn't sound too irie on a long term or even short term basis. I do think there is much less risk from IUD's than hormones and if one is not right for you, you will know it. It won't just kill you suddenly. Condoms, however, will slowly kill your sex life and one day without realizing it you will realize that you haven't bothered in months and there are these odd small errors in the checking account balance.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness