Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 01:13 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

(March 16) -- If you have overwhelming fear of public bathrooms, you have more than a wee problem. You may have paruresis.

"Shy-bladder syndrome," as it is better known, affects an estimated 17 million Americans, many of whom try desperately to hold it in while they're at work, school or otherwise trying to live their lives.

Shy-Bladder Expert to Help Russians Fight Bathroom 'Stage Fright' - AOL News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
I've known a few people like this. My SIL is one.
They are afraid of catching some kind of germ or infection.
Being a male I can stand to wee-wee.
If I have to do the other I line the top of the seat with TP before I sit.
I've never had a problem. Even at campsites and some of those can be pretty uninviting.
I'm more concerned with being mugged by an individual than I am getting some kind of desease.
If a public restroom is truly filthy I will avoid it and go on to the next one. But I don't have a problem with using one that looks like it is cleaned on a regular basis even if there are some incidental stains here and there. I just try to avoid being in contact with them.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
(March 16) -- If you have overwhelming fear of public bathrooms, you have more than a wee problem. You may have paruresis.

"Shy-bladder syndrome," as it is better known, affects an estimated 17 million Americans, many of whom try desperately to hold it in while they're at work, school or otherwise trying to live their lives.

Don't have it sorry

I remember me and my brother were riding bicycles by the beach one night, got off and went up the rocks for the most amazing leaking experience.

Pee from up above standing on the rocks, looking into the moonlit sea surface.

Unfortunately, a couple was having a romantic moment somewhere in the rocks down there. I bet we ruined their evening. We ran away, grabbed our bicycles and went home giggling

Our bladders weren't shy at all.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Not so much a fear, I have, but more like I don't like taking a "dump" (you know, the #2) in public restrooms. I hate when someone can hear your poop go down and things like that. And then they look at you funny when you come out and such. That makes me too shy to do that anymore in public restrooms. So, normally, I try to go #2 before I leave the house anywhere I go.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:15 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
I just wish women wouldn't "hover"...if you SIT on the SEAT, it won't get wet and nasty for the next person!

Unless you have open sores on your thighs, you will NOT catch a disease! I swear! So, sit down already!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

It's not good to hold in your BM. I feel sorry for people who work at offices all day... I'm sure many hold it in because they don't want to use the office restroom.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
I don't like public restrooms at all and avoid them at all costs. I won't even use the bathroom at my job simply because the females who work there are so absolutely disgusting and never clean up after themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness