Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Itz Itz started this thread

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times

Advertisements

I feel real dumb about this as I worked in an ER several years ago, but I'm a little freaked out about an injury to my finger - right handed pointy finger.
I hit it REALLY hard against a metal barrier - it hurt BAD... almsot threw up and almost passed out bad. I iced it, ibuprofen etc... several hours later it still hurt super bad so i went to the insta care and it was starting to swell, and my fingernail was getting black (my fingernails are my best feature (IMO)). The Doc took xrays - nothing broken so it seemed.. got a TDAP and some pain killers (vicodin). I went through those like candy I hurt so bad. (I can truly handle a LOT of pain to). 4 days later I go see by GP because my finger is STILL swelling - i poked it with a needle where it was turning "black" - drained some blood. Its red, angry, swollen, hot. He looks at it and is immediately concerned about infection - i get a script for antibiotics. He also states my finger looks broken (below the nail and before the first joint).
This finger is hyper sensitive (I have always had uncomfortable pain even filing my nail).

this is what my finger looks similar to
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/p...lubbing_01.jpg

So is my finger going to be all kinds of messed up looking?

(I don't know why this concerns me so bad. I have a major blunt force trauma scar to my arm that looks like Frankenstein stitched me up, a major burn scar on my arm - both of which don't bother me like this finger injury)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 PM

345 posts, read 1,642,211 times
scars are tattoos with much better stories

Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
Put a slpint on it yourself, you can get them anywhere and be very careful with it. It will heal.....someday.....

Of coarse it hurts, that is your index finger and one of the most used and if anythings going to hit it, bump it or touch it, THAT is going to be the one that catches it.. I'd protect it with a splint or some kind of cover until it heals.

In the meantime, leave it alone! Clean it every day, splint or cover it and leave it alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness