Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
why do you have 88 in your name jtur?
Because when I got my first email address with my first freenet account, the name I specified was already taken and jtur88 was the first alternate that was offered. Since I had not been bottom-feeding in your blogosphere, it meant nothing to me.
Before you proceed to further make a fool of yourself, you might consider that every car in Hamburg, Germany's second largest city, sports a license plate number beginning with the letters HH:

http://cdn1.vtourist.com/1/659848-Tr...dt_Hamburg.jpg

Last edited by jtur88; 02-28-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Because when I got my first email address with my first freenet account, the name I specified was already taken and jtur88 was the first alternate that was offered. Since I had not been bottom-feeding in your blogosphere, it meant nothing to me.
Before you proceed to further make a fool of yourself, you might consider that every car in Hamburg, Germany's second largest city, sports a license plate number beginning with the letters HH:

http://cdn1.vtourist.com/1/659848-Tr...dt_Hamburg.jpg
The nazi sympathizer with the neo nazi symbol in his name, certainly a coincidence.

Perhaps this is a chicken and egg issue. you, a wide eyed kid, unknowingly carryed a nazi screen name. nazis started befriending you with a wink and nod, their ideologies started influencing you as a young netizen. you fell in with the wrong crowd. mhmm, its a tale as old as time. You became that which you had been mistaken as.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
88 is also shorthand for hugs & kisses for ham radio operators.

Dale Earnhart Jr.'s car number is 88.
Should he change it?
Should the number 88 be verboten?
Wouldn't want people to misunderstand, you know.

A historian can do research doubting the Holocaust, of course.
No one would take her seriously as a historian for ever after though, only other Holocaust deniers would uphold the "research".

My mother had a girlfriend whose father was in a nazi concentration camp.
He wasn't Jewish.
He didn't speak against the nazis anywhere out in public.
He wasn't a gypsy or undesirable, or anything like that.
He was arrested and taken away by mistake.
His family pleaded from official to official that his incarceration was an error.
Finally their pleas were heard, and it was admitted that a mistake was made.
The camp was ordered to release him.
--- but it was too late.
he was already dead.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM

66 posts, read 81,620 times
Till now I don't see why speaking about this issue is a taboo. I feel that we can't even negotiate the validity of the number of Jews who were gassed, the places of these ovens, the role of Jewish media in how to get use of Holocaust.
Why after being persecuted and victimized, some turned into criminals and tried to use brutality with others like what happened in Deer-Yaseen and Sabra & Shatila massacres. What makes the Holocaust different from any other genocide?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Global View Post
. What makes the Holocaust different from any other genocide?
It has people trying to claim that it did not happen.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 PM

66 posts, read 81,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It has people trying to claim that it did not happen.
In case you didn't hear of this before.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
Quote:
Till now I don't see why speaking about this issue is a taboo. I feel that we can't even negotiate the validity of the number of Jews who were gassed, the places of these ovens, the role of Jewish media in how to get use of Holocaust.
Why after being persecuted and victimized, some turned into criminals and tried to use brutality with others like what happened in Deer-Yaseen and Sabra & Shatila massacres. What makes the Holocaust different from any other genocide?
So, let's see if we can translate. You think the numbers of Holocaust victims have been grossly overestimated so that the Zionist-controlled media could take advantage of the sympathy card to gradually gain world control. That sound about right?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,082 times
I am not sure why such research would be undertaken (assuming an academic perspective/approach/outlook). The sheer quantity of evidence of all sorts (documents, memoirs of period leaders and commanders, soldiers' testimonies, victims' accounts, archival footage etc etc) all corroborate with the popular account of mass murder. The only related field I can imagine as "safe" would be research into international law to determine the "justice" in Israeli extraction and trial of accused Nazis.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
The Holocaust is a historical fact according to all reputable historians. So why would anyone try to do this unless they had some anti-Semitic agenda?

Holocaust deniers are lunatics. (There's no nice way to say that.)

Also, why do we need another thread on this? There was one recently that was just as idiotic.
No a legitimate historian can not conduct such research. An anti-Semitic crack pot could, but on his own, not with in the walls of a university.

Could a crack pot conduct research to prove that the Civil War did not take place? How about slavery of segregation? No university any where would be interested in this hog wash or in his findings.

I agree with Karen. They would have a hateful agenda. And, WHY does this continue to come up?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
In case you didn't hear of this before.
I have not seen any of those deniers show up in this forum. How many threads related to Holocaust denial have we had here in the last few years?

The OP could have used the Armenian genocide as the reference point for starting a discussion of academic freedom, yet for some reason selected the Holocaust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History