Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

Here's a interesting piece simply on the chain of custody of the body.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/...ed-up-autopsy/

Here's an interesting piece on the "cleaning" activities post assassination
Deaths of Witnesses Connected to the assassination of John F. Kennedy
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/11/...hought-crimes/

Another fun tidbit regarding prior efforts 'before Dallas'
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post32193253

Other things to investigate
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post32156289

"Oh the tangled web we weave,
when first we practice to deceive"
- Walter Scott from Marmion was never so apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 03:47 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Here's a interesting piece simply on the chain of custody of the body.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/...ed-up-autopsy/

Here's an interesting piece on the "cleaning" activities post assassination
Deaths of Witnesses Connected to the assassination of John F. Kennedy
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/11/...hought-crimes/

Another fun tidbit regarding prior efforts 'before Dallas'
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post32193253

Other things to investigate
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post32156289

"Oh the tangled web we weave,
when first we practice to deceive"
- Walter Scott from Marmion was never so apt.
Thank you for this info!!!

I'd read from a number of sources- including two Parkland doctors- that Kennedy's body was essentially stolen at gunpoint from Parkland so the autopsy couldn't be done there where it should have been.

And both Bobby K. and Jackie believed LBJ was behind the whole mess.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:11 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
75yearsafter11/22/63waswhatIheardscuseadkeyoard
When I posted the above comment my keyboard was broken. I meant to say: The results of the Warren Commission's report were to be released 75 years after the report was released IIRC. Laws about this may have changed the release date.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-01-2015 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 10-01-2015, 01:09 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
"In addition, according to Section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, all records in the Kennedy Collection will be opened by 2017 unless certified as justifiably closed by the President of the United States."

Hillary will never open that safe.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:22 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
"In addition, according to Section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, all records in the Kennedy Collection will be opened by 2017 unless certified as justifiably closed by the President of the United States."

Hillary will never open that safe.
No problem, they will send the secret documents to her "secure" personal email server - we can just ask the Russians or Chinese hackers to look at it and give it to us.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:07 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,609 times
For what it's worth, I was a (very) young agent in Texas in the early 80s and there was a (much) older Bureau guy in the San Antonio Field Office who actually worked on the Kennedy assassination - from day 1. At the time I was into all that 'let's solve the mystery' stuff, had read every book published about it and knew most of the conspiracy theories. When I asked him about it, Joe just shook his head and said it was Oswald, no accomplices ever found and no evidence supporting any of the conspiracies was ever found. They ran down the Soviet conspiracy, the Cuban conspiracy, the grassy knoll conspiracy, the Mafia conspiracy and some other conspiracies I'd never even heard of.

The general conclusion among the agents working the case was that Oswald did it for his own reasons that had a lot to do with his his trip to the Soviet Union. But they never (so far as Joe knew) tied the KGB to it.

With respect to the Secret Service swiping the body, yeah, that happened. If you have ever worked with the PPD (Presidential Protection Detail) you would understand why. They are the most driven individuals I've ever met. Nothing gets between them and the president - I mean, nothing. It is true that under the law, an autopsy should have been performed in the county of death on a homicide victim, but the USSS wasn't about to let that happen to a president's body. Even in death, they were (in their own minds) still protecting him. If my memory is correct, they had AFIP (Armed Forces Institute of Pathology) handle it out at Bethesda. I also seem to recall that Jackie had some input into that decision, but I might be mistaken...

Old 10-01-2015, 03:54 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
For what it's worth, I was a (very) young agent in Texas in the early 80s and there was a (much) older Bureau guy in the San Antonio Field Office who actually worked on the Kennedy assassination - from day 1. At the time I was into all that 'let's solve the mystery' stuff, had read every book published about it and knew most of the conspiracy theories. When I asked him about it, Joe just shook his head and said it was Oswald, no accomplices ever found and no evidence supporting any of the conspiracies was ever found. They ran down the Soviet conspiracy, the Cuban conspiracy, the grassy knoll conspiracy, the Mafia conspiracy and some other conspiracies I'd never even heard of.

The general conclusion among the agents working the case was that Oswald did it for his own reasons that had a lot to do with his his trip to the Soviet Union. But they never (so far as Joe knew) tied the KGB to it.

With respect to the Secret Service swiping the body, yeah, that happened. If you have ever worked with the PPD (Presidential Protection Detail) you would understand why. They are the most driven individuals I've ever met. Nothing gets between them and the president - I mean, nothing. It is true that under the law, an autopsy should have been performed in the county of death on a homicide victim, but the USSS wasn't about to let that happen to a president's body. Even in death, they were (in their own minds) still protecting him. If my memory is correct, they had AFIP (Armed Forces Institute of Pathology) handle it out at Bethesda. I also seem to recall that Jackie had some input into that decision, but I might be mistaken...
As I understand it, the original plan was to go to Walter Reed, but Jackie said to take JFK to Bethesda because he was a navy veteran. It's really a shame they didn't give him an autopsy as good as Oswald got, but the head of pathology at Bethesda did it, and he hadn't done an autopsy involving gunshot wounds for many years.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:49 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
If anyone is interested I would highly recommend.
JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters
by James W. Douglass
It will make you stop and think.

Good Reads:

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31 · rating details · 1,009 ratings · 161 reviews

In this fascinating and disturbing book James Douglass presents a compelling account of why President John F. Kennedy was assassinated and why the unmasking of this truth remains crucial for the future of our country and the world.

And has been recommended by RFK, Jr.
"In JFK and the Unspeakable Jim Douglass has distilled all the best available research into a very well-documented and convincing portrait of President Kennedy's transforming turn to peace, at the cost of his life. Personally, it has made a very big impact on me. After reading it in Dallas, I was moved for the first time to visit Dealey Plaza. I urge all Americans to read this book and come to their own conclusions about why he died and why -- after fifty years -- it still matters."
-- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Last edited by ted08721; 10-02-2015 at 08:14 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Here's a former FBI agent who was involved in the JFK assassination in short bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjrc7hdcYk
Here's a longer in depth interview with the now deceased FBI Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0Q7rxbquw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History