Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 01:24 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,367,834 times

Advertisements

Go to 39:18 of this video.

The person being interviewed,Jabari Osaze,talks about how the builders of Washington D.C were trying to copy ancient Egypt(Kemet). How much of this is true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6-Lf4k32rM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 02:02 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
LOL who is this joker in the video?

Washington DC was set up by a Frenchman with wide avenues in a grid pattern. His influence was his native France, probably parts of Paris and Versailles. He envisioned huge monuments and palaces.

The monuments and government buildings themselves, built over the span of the last 250 years, is in the neo-classical style with ancient Greek and Roman influences.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:12 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
I had never heard of this guy, so I looked him up. Found...
Quote:
In 1998, he was initiated into a Kemetic order, the Shrine of
Ptah, by Chief Priest Heru Ankh Ra Semahj Se Ptah. He also holds a Master of Arts degree
in Human Service Administration from Metropolitan College of New York and is completing his
doctoral degree with the University of Metaphysical Sciences.
Brother Osaze has continued his study with the Shrine of Ptah. In 2005, he was initiated into the order of Sacred Kingmen and received
the coronation name Heru DjedenMa'at Aten Ra. He is currently completing his course of study in order to become a Kemetic Priest.
founders

Sacred Kingmen? Kemetic Priest?

And...."The University of Metaphysical Sciences?" Do we need anything beyond that name to know that this place is a fraud? If something is in the metaphysical realm, it certainly isn't science. This is akin to "The University of Scientific Voodoo."

Old 06-15-2017, 02:14 PM

The Washington Post did a profile on Anthony T. Browder.

Exploring Egypt on the Potomac

Old 06-15-2017, 02:20 PM

How much were the Free Masons influenced by ancient Egypt?

Since many of the founding fathers were Masons I think this is where some see them as having been influenced by Egyptian knowledge and assume they applied this to the building of Washington D.C.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
How much were the Free Masons influenced by ancient Egypt?

Since many of the founding fathers were Masons I think this is where some see them as having been influenced by Egyptian knowledge and assume they applied this to the building of Washington D.C.
I don't know much about the masons but many if not most of the monuments you see in Washington DC were built AFTER the times of the founding fathers.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I had never heard of this guy, so I looked him up. Found..."
I thought he might have been MC Hammer?
I looked at the video and thought "what's MC Hammer doing talking about ancient Egypt".

Old 06-15-2017, 04:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
I agree that D.C.'s layout, design, and even influences on the individual monuments may well have had some Masonic influence, and obviously the Freemasons were interested in, and incorporated, Egyptian symbology and other esoteric knowledge in their practice.

But with all due respect, Brother Osaze, the honorable Heru DjedenMa'at Aten Ra, noble adept of the Shrine of Ptah, esteemed initiate of the order of Sacred Kingmen, and novitiate of the Kemetic Priesthood sounds like he may just be a little bit wacky.

Last edited by ABQConvict; 06-15-2017 at 04:10 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

But with all due respect, Brother Osaze, the honorable Heru DjedenMa'at Aten Ra, noble adept of the Shrine of Ptah, esteemed initiate of the order of Sacred Kingmen, and novitiate of the Kemetic Priesthood sounds like he may just be a little bit wacky.
Even the most reasonable sounding thing in his resume, his MA in Human Service Administration, is delightful festival of bs..
from WIKI:
Quote:
Human services is an interdisciplinary field with the objective of meeting human needs through an applied knowledge base, focusing on prevention as well as remediation of problems, and maintaining a commitment to improving the overall quality of life of service populations.
I took a formal statistics course in college and one of the assignments was to take the data base of student information and design whatever sort of study we wanted. For this purpose I divided the students into three groups based on their majors. The ones who were majoring in a field which would lead directly to a specific career, I called "The Vocationals." The ones where the course of study did not lead directly to a specific career I called "The Humanitarians", and the ones where you couldn't figure out what sort of career anyone with this major might have apart from teaching it, I called "The Dilettantes."

If the above major had been available when I was doing the study, I would have had to create a 4th group...any suggestions for that group's name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History