Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:28 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,979,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegvisir View Post
.......... that it was Caucasian Europeans, maybe Vikings which Russians are descended from that crossed and mixed with tribes such as the Incas etc.
It has to be one or the other, both groups can't use the same land bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 AM

2,377 posts, read 5,401,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
It has to be one or the other, both groups can't use the same land bridge.
Why not ????

Old 08-21-2008, 11:37 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,503,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
Ever notice some full blooded Native Americans look Asian?
Ever notice Asians look like some full-blooded Native Americans?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,979,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudeyrose View Post
Why not ????
That was tongue in cheek........

In fact there are probably very few areas where all races and all hues have not explored. One of the reason the middle east has been in such turmoil over the past 5000+ years is that it is the crossing point between asia, africa, europe, the steppes, and the subcontinent. There are writings from Hammurabi's day that talks about a fierce warrior tribe of red hair and blue eyes attacking northern outposts......a tribe called "Ebes" which some think were the founding tribe of hebrews.......a tribe from central europe.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:01 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,403 times
http://www.thuleforum.com/don_theye_pic/don_theye_minier/789128-R1-E035.jpg (broken link)

Inuit children
Attached Thumbnails
ever notice some full blooded Native Americans look Asian?-789128-r1-e035.jpg  

Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,259,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
http://www.thuleforum.com/don_theye_pic/don_theye_minier/789128-R1-E035.jpg (broken link)

Inuit children
I believe they have done DNA analysis on Inuit and found them to be the same as a Mongoloid race tribe in eastern Siberia. But then again, the Inuit and other arctic tribes are believed to be relative latecomers to NA compared to many tribes that lived further south and east of the Bering straight.

I guess the question is whether the large variation in ethnic features seen in the various NA tribes are because the source ancestors are from different races or if they evolved for some reason in the amount of time they lived in the Americas. Ethnic and racial differences are a mystery as to why they exist at all. Whatever the reason for it, our species has 3 major races and hundreds and hundreds of ethnic variations.

If we could figure this question out, it would give us an interesting picture of how various neolithic (and paleolithic) peoples migrated.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 13,226 times
to Redbird,

i often find it interesting that the Native Americans seem to hate the fact that they look like Asians or being identified as someone that looks Asian. I'm Asian and I was really fascinating by the similarities between some of the Native American tribes and Asians. I don't think the white people or anyone wants to take away the Native American category, but rather point out the interesting similarity. Sure, what identify us is our culture, and the Native American culture is different from the Asian culture in many ways (thought some of them share similarities as well), but that doesn't mean a person can't make a theory about how the two races or two types of people are more related than others. Besides, I found the theory that relates Native Americans to Asians to be fascinating. What if that's true, and with our common sense, it appears to be, shouldn't you wonder what brought your ancestors to the land of the unknowns?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:29 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,983 times
The question of who the Americas were populated is a rich one. In part because America could have been populated from Asia via the Beringa land bridge or by boat island hoping from NE Asia (i.e. Japan or Korea). From Europe during the Ice Age either walking over the permanent sea ice from Britain, to Iceland and Geenland to the NE USA or by boat along the ice's edge. This is how the Inuit get around today in Greenland. Another route is the trade winds between NW Africa and Brazil. The from Europe route is a good explanation from the fact that the famous Clovis sprear point is almost identical to spear points made in Britain and Spain at the same time. Also the Clovis culture appears to arise and radiate from the mid-Atlantic region around the Chesapaeke Bay before spreading west to places like New Mexico. During this time during the end of the last Ice Age the Eastern US was ice bound as far south as Pennsylvania. This area would have been ice free and not unlike Spain of that time. Spear points used in Asia were Folsom-style and actually replace those used by Clovis cultures suggesting that Clovis using peoples were replaced by Asians. This is about 10,000 years ago. Climate change in the form of the Younger-Dryas Event or a sereral hundred year relapse into very cold and dry ice age conditions may have stressed Clovis cultures to the breaking point clearing the way for the Asians.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 PM

43 posts, read 146,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy Rose View Post
Why not ????
My guess is the Native Americans passed the Asians on the land bridge, they had a little fun and then went on their merry way. That's why the Native Alaskans really show similarities of both races.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,957 times
I read somewhere, Nature Magazine I believe, that the first humans in America could be considered Caucasics by the shape of the head. The magazine even pinpointed the area of provenance to the Caspian sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History