Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 06:40 AM

1,126 posts, read 607,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This is out there even for C-D.

The nonsense you're referencing was just Russian propaganda.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...945-180969133/
Thank you!

That was enlightening for sure... seems like the dental work was officially confirmed by a 3rd party.

I know the show I watched was ummmmm biased by only showing "conspiracy" information... it never mentioned the dental confirmation afterwards.

Okay I'm 91.7% certain that Hitler died. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 08:51 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Born in 1889, he would have been dead by the 70's even if he did escape.

Remember guy's like that (egomaniacs) don't want to go and hide somewhere, it would literally kill them to be a hermit!

Look at Pablo Escobar, guy was worth 30 BILLION dollars and he couldn't even hide. Hitler was less liquid and had no where near that much money so I'll go with "dead in the bunker in 1945!"

Old 09-01-2022, 09:01 AM

1,126 posts, read 607,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Remember guy's like that (egomaniacs) don't want to go and hide somewhere, it would literally kill them to be a hermit!

Look at Pablo Escobar, guy was worth 30 BILLION dollars and he couldn't even hide. Hitler was less liquid and had no where near that much money so I'll go with "dead in the bunker in 1945!"
I agree.

I was just intrigued by the notion because I never really paid attention to the details of the evil man. Just know that he "committed suicide" in a bunker with his wife, but not that the Allies never confirmed with a body.

I much rather he did die in a cowardly way by suicide. I would hate to think that he faked his death and lived on even if the life was not as glamorous as he'd like.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:01 AM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
I know for a fact that Hitler faked his death, and is living in a commune in Oregon along with Elvis Presley and the real Paul McCartney, not the lookalike imposter who has assumed Paul McCartney's public persona.

I can provide incontrovertible proof of this, just wire $49.99 to my account in the Caymans, and I will send you this exclusive proof that ONLY YOU will ever receive!!!!

Old 09-01-2022, 09:07 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,131,406 times
I've heard all the rumors over many years. I believe he and his new bride killed themselves like several others did. I believe he felt that there was no other choice..and he would be correct.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:10 AM

5,761 posts, read 11,360,805 times
Quote:

There were surviving witnesses (Wehrmacht soldiers) that were tasked with burning the corpses (him and Eva Braun). The Soviet Red Army salvaged some dental remains not long after his death when they took over Berlin that I believe are still under control of the Kremlin.

When I was in the US Army in the 1970s, I was stationed in (West) Berlin for almost a year and visited the site of the former bunker. The bunker is under an existing parking lot next to a 1950s apartment building. There is a historical plaque explaining the whole story. The site is just one block south of the present day Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:35 AM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I've heard all the rumors over many years. I believe he and his new bride killed themselves like several others did. I believe he felt that there was no other choice..and he would be correct.
Ask any other common German soldier never mind high-ranking SS officer who fell into the hands of the Soviets -- suicide was much more preferable. The Soviets in particular were not in a charitable mood when they reached Berlin, understandably so.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times
Some Hitler apologists tried to say the Soviet claim that Hitler took poison was a lie. They preferred to think that Hitler was the type of guy who would shoot himself. But either way, they did not deny that he killed himself.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:08 PM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Okay, just watched a show about the conspiracy theory about Hitler's death.

Call me naive, but I didn't know that they NEVER found his body.

It was the Nazi's who proclaimed that Hitler has died, but there was no actual witness from the Allies.

They just interviewed some Nazi's and it was all hearsay?

Then there was the claim from Russians 10 yrs later that they had found Hitler's body but didn't tell anybody, but someone tested the skull and found that it was from a woman?

The conspiracy theory is that Hitler left his body double and fled long before the end. It also stated that a lot of high ranking officials did not truly believe that Hitler died and actually kept on looking for him.

So what are the actual facts?
Well...he's likey dead by now. <<cut>>

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-01-2022 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: We don't need any politicians mentioned in this thread.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:24 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,166,211 times
Quote:

Pablo wasn't that bad at hiding. He only got caught because he wanted to talk to his kid once a week.
Saddam Hussein also did a decent job disappearing. He didn't do anything he wasn't not supposed to.
Hitler was pretty unbalanced at the time though from all the drugs and other conditions and he never struck me as the pragmatic type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History