Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 07:33 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz88 View Post
I’m a fan of the history guy….

https://youtube.com/@TheHistoryGuyCh...ouUq2EeKvF-Oya
I have enjoyed his videos as well.

Another YouTube channel I have greatly appreciated is Part Time Explorer. This channel produces some very interesting stories about mostly forgotten historical events. Here is the latest, for example:
https://youtu.be/jqKndUXSRdI?si=pRxVHu8eeCOJHOri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 05:05 PM

408 posts, read 168,460 times
WW2TV on Youtube is excellent. Paul, who runs it interviews a lot of mainly authors on every aspect of WW2 and every theatre. You can even ask questions as it goes along. Sometimes there will a number of them debating.

One of the latest vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnHYffHsf6Q

Old 03-14-2024, 06:40 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Would you accord a YouTube video the same respect and trust as you would with a book from a reputable publisher or a professional feature documentary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWgdqtakgE

Old 03-14-2024, 11:59 AM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Would you accord a YouTube video the same respect and trust as you would with a book from a reputable publisher or a professional feature documentary?
I would not give a YouTube video a 2nd thought. Anyone can post a YouTube video saying anything and everything on any historical topic. You see it all the time on the various political topics. I would not even give Wikipedia much credence without ample footnotes and sources listed that could be traced.

You need a peer reviewed source or a respected and reputable historian or author.

Now we have artificial intelligence spewing out historical facts....

Chat GPT app...
Quote:
Who was the greatest knight who ever lived?

There are many candidates for the title of the greatest knight who ever lived, depending on the criteria you use. Some notable figures include Sir William Marshal, Sir Lancelot du Lac, Sir Galahad, and Sir Gawain. Each of them achieved legendary status through their valor, chivalry, and deeds in various Arthurian legends and historical accounts. Ultimately, it depends on the perspective and criteria one uses to determine greatness.
and...

Quote:
Which is older - Machu Picchu or Notre Dame Cathedral?

Machu Picchu is older than Notre Dame Cathedral. Machu Picchu was built in the 15th century by the Inca civilization, while Notre Dame Cathedral was constructed over several centuries, with its construction starting in 1163 and completed in the 14th century.
What? Does not compute.

Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM

36 posts, read 15,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post

I'm a fan of Dr. Mark Felton. His videos about Nazi Germany are very informative, and I've learned a great deal by watching them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History