Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng View Post
I'm not saying there are Mongolian looking Germans. I'm saying that there are Germans with high cheekbones and slanted eyes (sort of Jack Palance). A lot of Swedes with slanted eyes too.

No, wrong. The Huns, that had some Mongol origins, were not at the outskirts of Europe. They Invaded Germania and Panonia until their defeat in France (Galia) in the year 400 and something (Aetius and the Visigoths at Campus Catalaunicus). Huns were highly assimilated in Germania and Panonia evidenced by the fact that they spoke Gothic, Latin and Hunic.

Some Turkic tribes also invaded Spain, the Alans, they were cut to pieces by Visigoths, around 400...
Jack Palance isn't German, he's Ukrainian. The Mongol Empire got to Ukraine

Alot of Swedes who have slanted eyes might be mixed with Saami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM

248 posts, read 616,152 times
I was referring to Huns.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,941 times
.... The traditional history concerns Mongolia carelessly. From the description of campaigns of Genghis Khan follows that in XIII century this aggressive state, arms and a military science , and encyclopaedias assert that on level of the development the Mongolian tribes of that time shared on wood and steppe nomads. Wood in ХI–XII centuries did not leave yet a stage of primitive-communal relations, steppe have only just got patrimonial lines. The family – Aill became the basic economic unit at this time.
Contradictions in the history of Mongols have arisen because of chronological and geographical errors at interpretation of ancient annals. What is the nomads волею one person became mighty army, and then the aggressive people, subordinated to itself of a half-planet, again has addressed in peace nomads, silently and easy engaged in hunting and the cattle breeding, planting camels, horses and horned livestock. From the mighty people remains three branches: Kalmyks, Buryats and inhabitants of steppes Gobis.
Kalmyks, differently джунгары. The basic religion – the Buddhism («awakening after death») and a Lamaism (from "la et", heavenly mother). Their language named Uigur, finds out in the morphology and the alphabet it the scientist the llama of Halls-pandita then has begun at Kalmyks and the national literature has invented in 1648. Anyway, they do not name themselves Mongols. How they in a XVII-th century moved to Russia from the Mongolian steppes, we already spoke in the previous heads of the book. Now their aggregate number hardly exceeds 177 thousand persons, including in the Russian Federation 165,8 thousand.
Buryats (ойраты), live half оседло, half nomads in Irkutsk and Transbaikalian areas. Kept a patrimonial system before the XX-th century, speak on the
46 000 Mongols-hunters have received knowledge of cattle breeding in VII–IX centuries AD from immigrants from Forward Asia or Europe. The same immigrants have brought here new belief: in VII–XII centuries the territory of Mongolia was a part Turkic, Uigur and Kirghiz.
Judging by small number (less than 300 thousand even in the XX-th century beginning), go here already to later time. Большею a part orthodox Christians or Buddhists.
And at last, the third – nomads of steppe Gobi which after Europeans and to name itself Mongols (Chineses name them «Shamo»). Their number to the XX-th century , no more than six hundred thousand persons...
....Mongols shared on deserted, steppe and mountain-wood. Each group of each tribe had the pasture, and only during the periods of poor harvests and herd acts of nature passed to another's earths. Some metals did not know. Ate sour-milk production, meat consumed ограниченно, at contacts to neighbours-farmers exchanged fresh flat cakes. But were able to preserve dairy and meat products well. Lived families.
...Imagine: fathers of families in the circle which historians name " kurultay " gather once, but argue not on pastures, not about illnesses of cattle, not about the device of weddings of children, not about carrying out of holidays and competitions in dexterity; they any more do not play abstruse melodies the amusing lutes in three strings, no! Other questions excite fathers...
— We throw the earth, cattle, an economy, parents, – they solve. – wives and children down in houses. With sons, on a dashing game, we grasp Beijing, Bukhara, Bagdad, caucasus. The first business – Ryazan to burn. The most important thing we will select Steel (). blood we will up ...
On culture Mongols stood incomparably below all " subdued " people by them. They had no writing, was not religious representations. The Mongolian nobility (fathers of families) professed religious cults of other people, – this fact scientists explain their toleration, but same means that Mongols no the main ideological sheaf necessary for formation of the state!
]... Meanwhile Russia , has been transformed in the Mongolian empire. To it have there and then imposed a difficult network of supervisors, controllers, collectors and other officials: writing, customs officers, servants of roads, appraisers, the frontier guards managing forages, the boatmen serving coast, guard and ranks of other office categories which held Russian people and its property under supervision...ъ
For work of all this mechanism it was necessary to hold constantly in subject territories garrisons of devoted soldiers, otherwise, having rebelled, officials would pass to the party of the gathered. If the Mongolian garrisons here was not (and them were not), means, the local Russian administration participated in creation of the rigid state
Networks, and voluntary submitting to the central Russian power. Then its armies also are the suppression and submission device, but WHERE, in that case, the MONGOLIAN yoke?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM

... "All remember the well-known Putin:" Pure Russian are not present! "And" Russian - you will see the Tatar ". Such approach on a flag numerous "Defenders of human rights"
" the organisations and Russian mass-media, has captivated an aether. But it seems that Putin should be responsible sooner or later for the words of humiliation of Russian people. The verdict of scientists is ruthless:" In DNA of the Russian person of the Tatar genes is not revealed! "...

... Full genetic portrait of the concrete Russian man - only the eighth in the world. Now is with whom to compare Russian: with the American, the African, the Korean, the European... «We have not found out in Russian genes Mongolian yoke, (and that in general no yoke existed) - the head genes underlines directions in « Kurchatovsky institute », academician Konstantin Skryabin. - Siberians are genetically identical to conservatives, at them one Russian a gene ...

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM

Continuation:
European "tails" in the most unexpected places ...
//www.city-data.com/blogs/blog14105-yoke.html

Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
I'd say they basically stopped in the Slavic territories of Eastern Europe. Hungary probably marks their farthest ventures west. If in Germany proper, I'd say it was probably for only a brief time, as there's really no genetic evidence of Mongol admixture in Germans.
I'm not so sure of that.

Mongols/Huns....
I am a bit more than half German. The other half is Norwegian & English.
We can only trace those Germans to West Germany. Baden and Alsace.
Both my brother and I were born with a slight Epicanthis fold.
The Dr. cut mine when he removed my tonsils.
My brother's remained. Its just another wrinkle in his old age now.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Total. A swastika, religion, the alphabet, motorcycles, statehood and "the great past" and and ...
No bones of the Mongolian soldiers.
Both the name "Mongolia" and motorcycles and the alphabet and "the big past" has appeared at the time of the USSR.
Or you tell Charokke colonized Europe!?
In practice. Religious war.
Here who plundered and and burnt Russian cities:
http://z.about.com/d/atheism/1/0/q/I...Crusader-l.jpg
"Mongol" ))
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_3OPQRn0wR2I/SL...72;ш.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_3OPQRn0wR2I/SL...0;.%201969.jpg
But. Then big territory was ... Who ? The answer: " pagans " .
To me the thought has come... What for it?
I will remind: the Russian history was written by Deuth academicians not knowing Russian (!) What for?
They were Rusofob! To hide shameful German defeat?
Who has granted it the right to destroy the present history (an idiotic word "history").
Better to say. "The German crusaders have received the big kick in a bum from Russih of pagans"
They are German "historians" to keep a secret. What coincidence! They have written history about Varjags.

Last edited by eloy; 03-27-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM

The icon is stored in a museum of Yaroslavl. An icon in the middle of 17 centuries. In a picture it : "Kulikovsky War ". In 100 years the icon became black. The new covering has been put on an icon. In 20 century have learnt to remove are a paint coat. On an icon have seen the old image.... Also have seen: Russian and Tatar - armies identical! Ordinary European persons ...
Russian armies and Mongolian - the Tatar - identical armies .

Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Eloy - dude, you are really stuck on this Mongol thing and certainly have alot of information that we are struggling to try to understand. But don't you think one thread at a time is enough?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM

is not enough. You dude "s. And in general. The Mongol could not come to Europe. Europe did not exist in 14 century. ha -ha !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History