Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 07:05 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times

Advertisements

I have an old electric organ to sell and can't find pricing anywhere. what would you suggest?

It is a Baldwin encore from the early 70's in good working condition.

I had a look on Ebay and prices seem to range from $300- $4000 for similar but not the same organ.

We sell real estate and were once tasked with getting rid of a baby grand, we could hardly give that thing away but finally managed to unload it.

I would like to get some money for this one but have no idea what it is worth.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 10:35 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Organs, at least in our area are a dime a dozen as they say. Not as popular as they once were. There are a lot of used ones for sale and the encores can be from $50.00 to $200.00 asking prices. You find them in resale stores and estate sales here in AZ.
Your selling price will be what someone is willing to pay. You might want to contact some churches in your area and see if they have any members that may be interested. Or put it on consignment at a resale store and see what happens.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:23 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
My parents live in a 55+ community and the number of people who have tried to donate organs to the community is ridiculous. I honestly don't know if there is a market for these things anymore but who knows...stranger things than this have made a comeback!

Old 09-02-2019, 04:44 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I had a look on Ebay and prices seem to range from $300- $4000 for similar but not the same organ.
Have they actually sold?

It is difficult to unload a piano, I am sure it will be the same with an organ.

Keyboards have taken over.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:05 AM

275 posts, read 430,419 times
My folks had a Hammond organ with two layers of keys and a Leslie speaker built in. Built in rhythms, instruments with lots of buttons. It worked and I ended up giving it away and I still had a hard time getting it to move. They are not popular anymore.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:05 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,093 times
I had a Hammond B100 that, overall, was in good condition but needed a bit of repair for a broken clip on the pedalboard and some noise in a couple controls. When I looked up the price for repairs and the resale value, I found a kid in Pennsylvania who loved this particular model and told him if he came and hauled it away, he could have it for free. He sent me a picture of it in his house, playing it. He seemed super appreciative to have gotten it, knew all about it, where the screws were for tightening things down for transport, etc. It has a nice home. (Not mine but identical to it)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6b/80/e5/6...nstruments.jpg

Old 09-18-2019, 01:12 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
It's darn near impossible to get more than $200 for a piano that's not Steinway, Yamaha, or Mason & Hamlin (leaving out things like Bosendorfer or Bechstein which don't even come on the open market). The market for electric organs is even smaller than that for pianos, unless it's a Hammond B3 with original Leslie speaker.

I'd try once to get $100 on Craigslist. If no takers (and there probably won't be)then offer it for free.

Beyond that all I know to do is Goodwill, but I bet they won't take it.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I have an old electric organ to sell and can't find pricing anywhere. what would you suggest?

It is a Baldwin encore from the early 70's in good working condition.

We sell real estate and were once tasked with getting rid of a baby grand, we could hardly give that thing away but finally managed to unload it.

I would like to get some money for this one but have no idea what it is worth.

Any ideas?
Nice looking piece Tod but you will find out real fast that no one is into such a device anymore, i had something similar Hammond product a few years ago and had a heck of a time getting rid of it even when i brought the price down to free. Seems portable keyboards are now more in favor with the music crowd .

Old 09-19-2019, 08:48 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,254,667 times
The only organs that anyone would be interested in would be tube-powered, tonewheel Hammonds (like a B3), or maybe a Farfisa or Vox if they're going for that '60's "garage band" sound.

If your Baldwin has some kind of on-board "Leslie", with a rotating baffle, you might want to scavenge those pieces, which could be mounted in a cabinet and used with an electric guitar.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:36 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderguy View Post
My folks had a Hammond organ with two layers of keys and a Leslie speaker built in. Built in rhythms, instruments with lots of buttons. It worked and I ended up giving it away and I still had a hard time getting it to move. They are not popular anymore.
That Leslie rotating speaker might be worth a couple of bucks to the guitar guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation