Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 01:24 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Really it is some what disappointing that the "Hockey Forum" in general has little activity.
Hockey is a distant fifth in America - behind football, basketball, baseball and soccer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 03:01 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
Hockey is a distant fifth in America - behind football, basketball, baseball and soccer.
Depends on how you look at it. Soccer certainly more popular with kids. MLS draws a higher per game avg. attendance then the NHL. Of course Soccer stadiums hold more people and tickets much more affordable.

However the NHL generates far more revenue then the MLS. Also now will operate under a huge TV deal, and is now poised for growth moving forward.

Old 10-10-2021, 03:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
A distant 5th behind soccer?

Regarding college sports, I'd be surprised if college hockey wasn't ahead of soccer if not baseball, too.

Old 04-08-2023, 08:18 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
This year 2023 Minnesota vs Quinnipiac championship game is great.

Minn has all the big name players are are ahead, but the Quin like a true underdawg wont go away. They just the puck into the zone, and fire on net hoping something gets through. I think they have out shot Minn, and won possession time too.

This game is an instant classic.

Old 04-13-2023, 10:44 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naniboujou View Post
What a game! I was rooting for Minnesota, but Quinnipiac pulled it out in overtime. Fantastic game.
I can't believe how few people know about college hockey. If more knew, it would overtake college basketball. There's nothing more riveting than a good hockey game.
I think they should allow fighting. And the tourney should be like IIHF or WJC. In group stage, all teams play each other once. Best teams move into Frozen four. There is like two weeks between group stage and Frozen Four. Just use the extra week, and still give teams one week rest.

And I think they need to rethink the location of the tourneys. This year we have 3 northeast cities, and then Fargo, and Tampa for the final game. I think they can do better.

I also dont like the idea, they play back to back on the weekends. How long have they been doing that? Why not just start the season a little early, and finish a bit later? Or just play a weekday game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey