Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times

Advertisements

Figured I would start an official team thread on here.

Seasons tickets are sold out at the T-Mobile arena for VGK's inaugural season. There will be roughly 1000-2000 tickets available each night for single game attendees.
Some of the staff members have already been hired on... one fun fact... our physical trainer used to train Cirque du Soleil performers here in Las Vegas.
The city is pretty excited about the team... some are still expressing disappointment in the team name and logo... some like it. Can't please everyone.
Today the team made their final payment on the $500 million expansion fee and can now participate in owners meetings and other leaguewide activities.

Go VGK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 03:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
new guy brings the Stan Mikita Donuts

Old 03-01-2017, 10:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
It will be interesting to see which players are available to join the Golden Knights as the trade deadline has passed, teams will finalize their protected players, and which unrestricted free agents will be available.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
We will be in our new place in Henderson by the time the team starts playing. I'm excited about having an NHL team in town and look forward to going to some games IF the ticket prices are not through the roof.

I'm a lifelong Blackhawks fan and getting tickets in Chicago is all but impossible unless you want to spend $200 to sit at the top of the arena. I was hoping Vegas would be different, but it probably won't be at first.

From what I hear, Vegas should have a fairly decent team. The NHL has changed the expansion draft rules and there should be some good players available. The salary cap is in the $73 million range with about a $54 million minimum. I would expect Vegas to fall somewhere around $60 million in payroll to leave some room for trades and acquisitions. I'm also anxious to see what kind of TV deal they work out.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 PM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
Congratulations!. Still hard to believe, isn't it?

Do you like Vegas instead of LAS Vegas? Doesn't matter?

Any talk of where your AHL and ECHL teams will be?

What will the chant be? Go Knights Go! Or, Let's go Knights! Drop the Golden in the chant?

Old 03-03-2017, 01:40 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Congratulations!. Still hard to believe, isn't it?

Do you like Vegas instead of LAS Vegas? Doesn't matter?

Any talk of where your AHL and ECHL teams will be?

What will the chant be? Go Knights Go! Or, Let's go Knights! Drop the Golden in the chant?
When referring to the team, many people have already started to drop the "golden" portion of the name... and I think "Vegas Knights" sounds pretty awesome.
I'm fine with it just being called Vegas as well... simply because so many people refer to our city as Vegas without the Las.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:30 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
When referring to the team, many people have already started to drop the "golden" portion of the name... and I think "Vegas Knights" sounds pretty awesome.
I'm fine with it just being called Vegas as well... simply because so many people refer to our city as Vegas without the Las.
Golden Nights seems a bit clumsy, or high schoolish, no?

I do like the simple and direct Vegas Knights, like you. Some non-hockey or non-sports folks may assume it's spelled "Nights."

There were the IHL Atlanta Knights, of course.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Horrible name and logo. It's not Nashville Predators bad so that's something. Kind of a lose/lose proposition, though. Very happy there's another viable road option to see Detroit. The expansion draft will be fun.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 PM

245 posts, read 311,067 times
Do you think there will be a much higher percentage of visiting fans than in other arenas? I would suspect that a major part of the business model in Vegas would be to offer packages for visiting fans to come and make a weekend of it. It's certainly more tempting than most cities.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:36 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Why didn't they call them the Gamblers? Would have been absolutely perfect. I can just see the sweaters now, with the dice on them. Could have been one of the coolest logos in the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey