Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
So STEVE-ZERO now what do we say...
All I can say is that Turco is swiss cheese, whoop-de-do. Youre playing an inferior team and picking them apart, should I be impressed? The Hawks dismantled the Wangs all year long, that kind of crap happens. Ill be impressed if you sweep the Pens in the Finals. Till then, the Wang's dominance of the West (usually) is old news and Im tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,065 times
Give me a break...the Red Wings play the most effective beautiful form of hockey. They do everything better than any other team...They are a strong defensive team that can score. Their puck handling is so amazing to watch its is the closest thing to watching #23 dunking on 5 guys you'll get in hockey!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ But Detroit "only" outshot Dallas, 21-18. Turco is getting owned.

Long night after a long day as it was and a busy morning. I feel like I was on the ice last night getting beat up by now. Anyway.....

Yes, I'm more mad than upset about the Stars losing. The Stars came out playing good in the 1st period. ABOUT TIME!!!! They answered back w/ a goal so it was tit-for-tat for a few minutes. We were all glad to see them playing MUCH BETTER than they had in the last two games. The mood in the AAC was pretty good and the Stars fans were eager to see the Stars play to their full potential as we KNOW they can. I would NOT call them a "weak team" by any means at all. They have the skills and the players to get the job done. Just not the drive, I guess. Here is our report (mine and those around me at the games) from last nights game having been there:

1. GET THE FRIGGIN REF'S OUT OF THE WAY!!!!! I don't know what all those viewing at home saw but there were WAY TOO MANY plays that the ref's interferred with. Yes, they are "part of the ice" but they were in the middle of too many plays and never bothered to get out of the way. This went for BOTH teams advantage/disadvantage. Sure it happens every now and then but last night there were TOO MANY instances of this happening. It should not in playoff hockey, imho. The best ref's are supposed to be calling these games yet these jokers looked like a bunch of washed up has been's and lost. One almost got his head knocked off w/ a puck because he was in the line of play and did not get out of the way. MORON! Hmmm, maybe the players SHOULD take them out then maybe they could get some better officiating all the way around

2. Marty Turco. He let some cheesy shots get past him. It is always the "fluke" shot that scores for some reason but some of those were BAD!!! Maybe he is on some cold medicine given out by Eddie????? He still looks HOT (not on the ice) and there is a new song and t-shirt for him now to the tune of Fergielicious, Turcolicious Yeah baby. I would have given him a shoulder to cry on last night..... along w/ other body parts

3. Dallas's Power Play. Can be described in one word: SUCKS!!!!!! For crying out loud you are ON THE POWER PLAY!!! You should be CONTROLLING THE PUCK!!!! They have given up shorthanded goals since the 1st round of playoffs. NOT GOOD!

4. Injuries. We are missing Lehtinen and Barnes and it shows. While the rw's are missing Franzan they have more depth to take care of any one player that is out. This was a big discussion last night after the game. You can not build a playoff team around 1 or 2 players. You are going to have injuries and players out for a time because of them. No way around that. If you don't have the depth to cover it your not going to win.

5. Players. The Stars do have some very good players that are capable of winning The Cup. They just are NOT playing to their full ability and potential. As someone from Det told us at a game awhile back, Dallas is a sleeper team that is very good. Most don't give them the credit they deserve and think they are an easy prey only to have us tear them up and send them home packing.

6. Coaching. I expect Tippet to be gone after this.

7. Passing and shooting at the net. URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the biggest gripe most of the Stars fans have. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!!! Stop trying to set-up a "schweet play" and pass. Just SHOOT THE PUCK AT THE NET! After awhile something is bound to go in. But noooooooooo, we gotta try and pass the puck at least a dozen times before anyone can take SOG. Meanwhile, the make CRAPPY passes and/or give the other team enough time to figure out the play and steal the puck. (can ya tell this is a pet peeve). That and stay in position and be ready for the rebounds. Get in front of the net, be ready to fire away. If you see the net and you have the puck then FIRE!!! DO NOT PASS IT AGAIN!

8. Fans. Dallas does have some of the best fans. The rw's fans last night at AAC were MUCH BETTER than ones in regular season games (guess the rude ones can't aford a playoff ticket to the AAC ). At the regular season games when Det is here in Dallas playing the Stars their fans are THE RUDEST PEOPLE one could ever meet. Not just rude either but totally without class, obnoxious, clueless (most don't even know the rules of the game, lol), etc. Just horid to be honest. I'd never act like they do ANYWHERE! Last night there were 3 schmoo's from Det that came over and were trying to get on Vs.

9. Speaking of Vs. They have no business broadcasting and calling hockey. They are THE WORST! They were in the lower bowl last night close to us and people would walk by and yell out, "Versus SUCKS!". hehehehehe
I like when Ralph and Raysor or even Radigan and Ludwig are sitting there.

Anyway, Guy Carboneau was supposed to have been at the game last night to see his son-in-law and former team play. He is in town for the birth of his twin grandbabies. They should have suited him up.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
2. Marty Turco. He still looks HOT (not on the ice) and there is a new song and t-shirt for him now to the tune of Fergielicious, Turcolicious Yeah baby
Just when you thought hockey in Dallas couldnt get any more lame...

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Give me a break...the Red Wings play the most effective beautiful form of hockey. They do everything better than any other team...
Yet, they couldnt figure the Hawks out.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Long night after a long day as it was and a busy morning. I feel like I was on the ice last night getting beat up by now. Anyway.....

Yes, I'm more mad than upset about the Stars losing. The Stars came out playing good in the 1st period. ABOUT TIME!!!! They answered back w/ a goal so it was tit-for-tat for a few minutes. We were all glad to see them playing MUCH BETTER than they had in the last two games. The mood in the AAC was pretty good and the Stars fans were eager to see the Stars play to their full potential as we KNOW they can. I would NOT call them a "weak team" by any means at all. They have the skills and the players to get the job done. Just not the drive, I guess. Here is our report (mine and those around me at the games) from last nights game having been there:

1. GET THE FRIGGIN REF'S OUT OF THE WAY!!!!! I don't know what all those viewing at home saw but there were WAY TOO MANY plays that the ref's interferred with. Yes, they are "part of the ice" but they were in the middle of too many plays and never bothered to get out of the way. This went for BOTH teams advantage/disadvantage. Sure it happens every now and then but last night there were TOO MANY instances of this happening. It should not in playoff hockey, imho. The best ref's are supposed to be calling these games yet these jokers looked like a bunch of washed up has been's and lost. One almost got his head knocked off w/ a puck because he was in the line of play and did not get out of the way. MORON! Hmmm, maybe the players SHOULD take them out then maybe they could get some better officiating all the way around

2. Marty Turco. He let some cheesy shots get past him. It is always the "fluke" shot that scores for some reason but some of those were BAD!!! Maybe he is on some cold medicine given out by Eddie????? He still looks HOT (not on the ice) and there is a new song and t-shirt for him now to the tune of Fergielicious, Turcolicious Yeah baby. I would have given him a shoulder to cry on last night..... along w/ other body parts

3. Dallas's Power Play. Can be described in one word: SUCKS!!!!!! For crying out loud you are ON THE POWER PLAY!!! You should be CONTROLLING THE PUCK!!!! They have given up shorthanded goals since the 1st round of playoffs. NOT GOOD!

4. Injuries. We are missing Lehtinen and Barnes and it shows. While the rw's are missing Franzan they have more depth to take care of any one player that is out. This was a big discussion last night after the game. You can not build a playoff team around 1 or 2 players. You are going to have injuries and players out for a time because of them. No way around that. If you don't have the depth to cover it your not going to win.

5. Players. The Stars do have some very good players that are capable of winning The Cup. They just are NOT playing to their full ability and potential. As someone from Det told us at a game awhile back, Dallas is a sleeper team that is very good. Most don't give them the credit they deserve and think they are an easy prey only to have us tear them up and send them home packing.

6. Coaching. I expect Tippet to be gone after this.

7. Passing and shooting at the net. URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the biggest gripe most of the Stars fans have. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!!! Stop trying to set-up a "schweet play" and pass. Just SHOOT THE PUCK AT THE NET! After awhile something is bound to go in. But noooooooooo, we gotta try and pass the puck at least a dozen times before anyone can take SOG. Meanwhile, the make CRAPPY passes and/or give the other team enough time to figure out the play and steal the puck. (can ya tell this is a pet peeve). That and stay in position and be ready for the rebounds. Get in front of the net, be ready to fire away. If you see the net and you have the puck then FIRE!!! DO NOT PASS IT AGAIN!

8. Fans. Dallas does have some of the best fans. The rw's fans last night at AAC were MUCH BETTER than ones in regular season games (guess the rude ones can't aford a playoff ticket to the AAC ). At the regular season games when Det is here in Dallas playing the Stars their fans are THE RUDEST PEOPLE one could ever meet. Not just rude either but totally without class, obnoxious, clueless (most don't even know the rules of the game, lol), etc. Just horid to be honest. I'd never act like they do ANYWHERE! Last night there were 3 schmoo's from Det that came over and were trying to get on Vs.

9. Speaking of Vs. They have no business broadcasting and calling hockey. They are THE WORST! They were in the lower bowl last night close to us and people would walk by and yell out, "Versus SUCKS!". hehehehehe
I like when Ralph and Raysor or even Radigan and Ludwig are sitting there.

Anyway, Guy Carboneau was supposed to have been at the game last night to see his son-in-law and former team play. He is in town for the birth of his twin grandbabies. They should have suited him up.
Yep, the Stars ARE a good team. Look where they are in the play-offs!!!! Still a Red Wing fan here but, what is, is.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yet, they couldnt figure the Hawks out.
Pretty lame to be hanging on to the 'we beat the Wings in regular season' chant isn't it? I mean come on. Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and apparently Playoff Hockey.

There's always next year.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:10 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Just when you thought hockey in Dallas couldnt get any more lame...
Here I thought the cheerleaders were holding that title.

Who thought it was a good idea to have cheerleaders for hockey.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Here I thought the cheerleaders were holding that title.

Who thought it was a good idea to have cheerleaders for hockey.

I'm just happy to know my youngest daughter now knows they are the "Dallas Ice Girls" and NOT princess'. YIKES!!!

Oh, someone mentioned Dallas fans having those thundersticks at games. I wanted to say that in the last 2 months I have only seen them THREE TIMES total. The first two times it was children that had them. Last night it was some guy in a red wings jersey Stars fans are NOT into the thunderstick thing at all!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yep, the Stars ARE a good team. Look where they are in the play-offs!!!! Still a Red Wing fan here but, what is, is.
That is what I was saying last night. We DID make it to the Western Confernce Division Playoff. We are one of the LAST FOUR TEAMS standing (well, leaning anyways). Sure beats where the majority of the teams in the NHL ended up at the end of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey