Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,577,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Glad to see it wasnt just me
one interesting fact. It was 66 years ago that a team came back from a 3-0 series defecit to win the last 4 games, then it was 33 years ago the same feat happened again, could we see history repeat itself this year?

FLUKE...not this year, maybe next (2009) and again 35 years from now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,577,719 times
I should have been a weatherman on TV

Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
I should have been a weatherman on TV
I blame momof2's lucky underwear!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,930,464 times
Stars avoid getting sweep by beating the Red Wings, 3-1. Turco won the game as Detroit once again out-shot Dallas. Congrats to the Stars for pulling 1 out.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,246 times
Is it just me or have both the wings and stars looked horribly slow out there the last 2 games?? It looks like hockey from 40 years ago! That ice in Big D must be a serious wreck.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:24 AM

41,990 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Man, @%$#^*&(*(**&%^(&*(*%^^$#%^$%^$@#%@#$$^^%*^*(*&)%^ &#&$_+__^&&$#%%&$^&%^&^% Flyers!!!!!!! Come on now! I was excited for this series as much as i was Detroit/Colorado, that one ended up lame, this one's headed the same way at this point. C'Mon Philly!!!!! MAKE IT INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least you're speaking their language!!!

At this point, alas, I'd be happy with at least one win for the Flyers. *sigh*

Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,425,620 times
Nice to see the Stars stick it to the Wangs. Very nice!

On a side note, I came home last night from work and my son had to show me something that he thought was hilarious. He got these little press-on tattoos in a pack of hockey cards and put the Wings' tattoo on his right buttcheek. lol Thats my boy!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:03 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,564,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
On a side note, I came home last night from work and my son
you've procreated???

Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times
WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!!!!!

I'm just a teeny-tiny tad HAPPY!!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:23 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times
Here are my op's from last nights game which WE WON!!!

1. The Ice. Nothing wrong with it at all. Heck, compared to what it was like back in Reunion Arena in June during the playoffs the ice at American Airlines Center is GREAT!!! But no, no problems w/ the ice at all. It was MUCH colder in there last night than it has been in a LONG TIME! I even almost went and bought another Stars jacket to wear.

2. Style of play. Dallas came out full force (FINALLY!!!!). They had nothing to lose and PLAYED LIKE IT!!! As one of our local sports announcers said after the game, if this had been a regular season game Morrow would not have been out there. Nope, he sucked it up and got out there and gave it everything. Modano GOT A GOAL!!! As for those rw's, they came out slow. They were NOT playing to their full force style of hockey. My thinking is because they believe they have it wrapped up and ready to go and will be playing for The Cup. Why risk getting hurt so just have your players play good and strong but NO HARD HITTING as to avoid injury. However, once we were well ahead come the start of the 3rd they DID step it up and I figured they would.

3. Butt in the crease. Well, as Tippet did say when you have a best of 7 series and goals get rewarded that should not have they come back around to even it out sometime in the series. Did just that last night. I'm sure Det. is glad they did not end up in overtime as they very well could have had that goal been allowed and got a goal during the 6 on 3 pp. Anyway, it is frustrating I'm sure for the players just as much as it is for the fans when the rules are always getting changed and you never know how each ref is going to call them.

4. The fans. The Stars fans ROCKED last night. OMYGOSH!!! I thought we were going to end up standing up the entire game. Which is fine by me as I pretty much did anyway. There were more fans in red last night than there were on Monday night. I like what one person said, half of Detriolet lives in North Texas anyway. To which I always say they sure don't have anything to live for IN Detriolet. If they want a job they have to go somewhere else. Oh, some moron in red threw an octopus out onto the ice before the game. In addition:
a. FYI, to all of you Detriot people - TAKE YOUR HAT OFF DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!

b. And have a little more respect for the National Anthem and don't yell out "SUCKS" after the word "Stars". Sure we yell "STARS" during it but we are also singing along to the entire song word for word. Adding the word, "SUCKS" to it is just plain RUDE and totally disrespectful.

c. To the rw fans a few rows down from me. That poor boy that had on the "BEAT DETROIT" t-shirt that was giving you a "hard time" is HANDICAPPED!!! Good grief. Let him have a little fun and entertain him. He means well and is NOT a threat. I even saw and heard his dad come to you w/ an outstretched hand and a smile and tell you.

5. The Stars play. STOP TRYING TO PASS SO MUCH!!! And SHOOT THE PUCK SOME PLEASE! You can not get a goal if you don't SHOOT THE PUCK! Every goal we did get were not "pretty set-ups". Be more careful of WHO your passing too. Got lucky several times on those sorry passes. They were finally hitting at the blue line when the rw's had the puck. GOOD! Bout time. Then, skate the puck in more instead of the dump and chase. You don't see the other teams doing that as it is not always the most effective style of play.

Anyway, that is just a bit of what went on last night at American Airlines Center IN DALLAS were the STARS BEAT DETRIOT 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey