Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 01:23 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Doubt it, he won his Cup there and is by far the best player that franchise has ever had. Had he not won in '18 then maybe.
What's really amazing, is how great he has been, if you take away that 2018 Cup he's only been past the second round once in his career. Seeing what Barry Trotz is doing with the Islanders, letting him walk after just winning the Stanley Cup easily one of the worst and dumbest decisions of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 06:20 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yeah I can’t see why he would go anywhere else.
Depends on how bad he wants to win another Cup.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:47 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
What's really amazing, is how great he has been, if you take away that 2018 Cup he's only been past the second round once in his career. Seeing what Barry Trotz is doing with the Islanders, letting him walk after just winning the Stanley Cup easily one of the worst and dumbest decisions of all time.
I couldn't believe the news when I heard that (Trotz and Caps couldn't agree to new terms or whatever it was). The coach gets you Lord Stanley you pay the man and keep him around. Their loss was certainly the Islanders gain.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:42 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I couldn't believe the news when I heard that (Trotz and Caps couldn't agree to new terms or whatever it was). The coach gets you Lord Stanley you pay the man and keep him around. Their loss was certainly the Islanders gain.
I saw how he coached when he was in Nashville. Part of the reason he didn’t get out of the first round was that usually ran in to the Red Wings when they were at their best. It was obvious, though, that Trotz was the reason they were so good. When he was with the Caps, I knew he would get them to the Cup Finals, and possibly win it, which they did. I could not believe that they let him go! He was the reason they won. Now they are back to their usual ways again. Stupid!

Old 05-28-2021, 03:24 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
After receiving racist messages and comments on social media following Edmonton's series-ending loss to the Winnipeg Jets on Monday, Oilers defenseman Ethan Bear is speaking out against the racial abuse he's been subjected to.

"I'm here to stand up to this behavior, to these comments," Bear said in a video statement released by the Oilers on Wednesday. "I'm proud of where I come from. I'm proud to be from Ochapowace First Nation. And I'm not just doing this for myself — I'm doing this for all people of color. I'm doing this for the next generation, to help make change, to love one another, to support one another, to be kind to each other.

"There's no place for racism in our communities, in sports, or in our workplace. So I call on all of us to help make change, and to end racism. We all deserve to be treated fairly. At the end of the day, I think we'll get there."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...im-proud-come/

Old 05-28-2021, 04:44 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Props to the Nashville Predators for a hard-fought series w/ the Hurricanes. This Canes fan salutes you!

Ready or not, here comes the Lightning for the next round.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Nice to see Patch back.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:59 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
There was a butt kicking at the Pepsi Center in Denver tonight and the Las Vegas Golden Knights provided the butt. 7-1 the final.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:05 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
There was a butt kicking at the Pepsi Center in Denver tonight and the Las Vegas Golden Knights provided the butt. 7-1 the final.
I hope the NHL gives Ryan Reaves a 20-game suspension for his assclownery tonight. Not only did he deliberately try to injure Ryan Graves, he cross-checked Philipp Grubauer in the back of the head immediately before taking down Graves. Dirty douchebag.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:46 AM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I hope the NHL gives Ryan Reaves a 20-game suspension for his assclownery tonight. Not only did he deliberately try to injure Ryan Graves, he cross-checked Philipp Grubauer in the back of the head immediately before taking down Graves. Dirty douchebag.
Yeah I didn't have a particular dislike for him before, as he was more of a "follows 'the code'" enforcer, but this was just waaaaay over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey