Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,288,829 times

Advertisements

If you've been to see the Canucks in Vancouver and have also been to other arenas, how does the noise level compare? Do they flash the lights a lot?

I've seen the Kings, Ducks, and Hurricanes at home. The Kings and Ducks were bearable, but after the first Hurricanes game I gave up and let DH go without me because of the excessive loud music and flashing lights.

Could I enjoy a Canucks' game, or is that one of the louder arenas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM

294 posts, read 743,469 times
I get called an old fuddy-duddy but this is one of my major complaints about modern sports in general.

Everything is an assault on the senses, like they're trying to be like pro wrestling. Why can't there be a quiet time while there's a break in the action so I can talk to the person next to me about the game? Why does every pause have to be filled with a deafening 15-second snippet of "Crazy Train" or "Enter Sandman?"

Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM

632 posts, read 853,167 times
Gotta say, I'm with Letterhead. Too much loud music and high-end production. It distracts from the game. As does stopping play several times per period to send the Ice Crew out there to shovel up snow. Something that did not seem to be necessary during the first 25 years or so that I attended hockey games.

Vinnie Lascheid at the old Civic Arena tapping out a few bars of Root Beer Rag during stoppages in play
was plenty enough for me.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
After watching the Olympics I was reminded how enjoyable hockey is without all the commercial breaks and excess 'entertainment'.

I've been to a game in Vancouver, it was a good crowd, not overly loud. Get rid of the losers in green body suits, what an embarrassment to the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey