Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
For supposedly being the "best team in the NHL", you had to go 7 games against the Ducks, 2 OT's against the Hawks, etc.

You and MICoastieMom (and all other Wang fans) should hang out sometime. You can drool about Detroit, the city you abandoned (as well as your team), and inflate your already gigantic egos. Just make sure youre in a large enough building that will fit both of your heads.
Real mature, Steve; thought we had all agreed to stop the name calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Naw... one can just use the term "Hawkeyetown" now.

And maybe it was just me but out of all 4 teams playing hockey in the finals, Chicago fans seemed the quietest. Anyone else?
Should be "honkeytown" or "toothlesstown".

And Chicago's fans are a lot louder than Detroilet's fans, always have been, always will be. Im not sure how much common sense you have, but when youre down 6-1 in the 3rd, you dont exactly expect fans to be excited and loud.

And the Hockeytown title should have never been in Detroit to begin with. That title belongs in Toronto or Montreal looooong before Detroilet.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Every time I talk to a Detroilet fan they always have some kind of excuse. Cant you guys just admit a loss without having to say a thousand "but ifs"? Frickin pathetic.

Last night the Hawks got smoked. No ifs, ands or buts on our end. Just a sad, pathetic game.
And when I complimented the Hawks for the passion they brought to the last two games of the regular, you continued to try and bait me and put words in my mouth. You can't have both ways, Steve. You aren't Hungarian by any chance, are you? I only ask because you are almost as big a horses-behind as my FIL.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Real mature, Steve; thought we had all agreed to stop the name calling.
Well how about you Detroilet fans stop singling me out in all of your posts and Ill stop attacking back. You guys cant talk hockey without your heads getting bigger it seems. If you want to talk hockey, Im game. But baiting post like these...

"Steve...is diehard ... for the first time in his life he actually had a home team to cheer for, and that team just got blown apart at home 6-1 by a SUPERIOR team . Ofcourse he is not too happy!"

...will only encourage me to become defensive.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Well how about you Detroilet fans stop singling me out in all of your posts and Ill stop attacking back. You guys cant talk hockey without your heads getting bigger it seems. If you want to talk hockey, Im game. But baiting post like these...

"Steve...is diehard ... for the first time in his life he actually had a home team to cheer for, and that team just got blown apart at home 6-1 by a SUPERIOR team . Ofcourse he is not too happy!"

...will only encourage me to become defensive.
I did not write that.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
And when I complimented the Hawks for the passion they brought to the last two games of the regular, you continued to try and bait me and put words in my mouth. You can't have both ways, Steve. You aren't Hungarian by any chance, are you? I only ask because you are almost as big a horses-behind as my FIL.
Didnt you just ask to stop name-calling, then call me a horses a$$? Go back to your doublewide and play with your Silver Bullet while envisioning a squid-covered Zetterberg.

And people wonder why Wang fans are considered the worst in the NHL? Not to mention the most hated?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I did not write that.
I dont give a flying rats arse if you wrote that or not. Thats what I get to deal with from Wang "fans" everytime I pop on these hockey boards. Gee, thats a lot of fun, isnt it?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 AM

Yes, Steve, I did ask you to stop. Did you? Nope. I can give as good as I take, and if you are going to continue to set the tone with insults (wangs, Detoilet, etc) you have to expect to get some back in return. It is possible to have lively discussion without continually making it personal by resorting to name-calling.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I dont give a flying rats arse if you wrote that or not. Thats what I get to deal with from Wang "fans" everytime I pop on these hockey boards. Gee, thats a lot of fun, isnt it?
I have not made any personal comments to you until today. On the contrary, I have ignored as such comments until now. When you bait people, you can't cry foul when they respond. Attributing another's words to me was out of line, and I will call you on it every time. Maybe if you weren't so insulting they might not give you so much grief. I have seen you take others to task for misquoting a team's name. Bandwagoning, I think you called it. Why are you exempt from your own high standards?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Yes, Steve, I did ask you to stop. Did you? Nope. I can give as good as I take, and if you are going to continue to set the tone with insults (wangs, Detoilet, etc) you have to expect to get some back in return. It is possible to have lively discussion without continually making it personal by resorting to name-calling.
Alright, Im done. There. I will promise to stop calling Detroit names, as well as baiting, so as long as you all do the same. Do we have an accord?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey